My neighbor invited me over to do some grilling

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is his caddy whomped setup

I'm gonna have to hook him up with something quick.

Hey, its made for use on a side hill.

Well.....at least he had a chimney. I hate those grills..cooked on one many times

The last time I cooked on one of those I had a High Life or two and indirect cooked a nice whole chicken. After a few more Millers I checked the grill and realized the bird was upside-down! I played it off that it was some cutting edge technique. It turned out great. The grill was about the same shape. I bought my buddy used Weber Kettle and cleaned it up for him. He's using that kettle 15 years later.

Be a good neighbor and donate your kettle to him and show him how to properly grill (without the use of starter fluid). He probably drinks some wonky beer like BL so introduce him to some quality brews while at it. It's a perfect excuse for the wife to let you get a new kettle that you may have had your eyes on. You've got an awesome opportunity on your hands. Good luck Brother!

Disclaimer: Nothing against wonky beer if you like that sort of thing. I've had to settle for a few wonky beers since I've been in school the last two years. Good thing the wife has a good job so I can still get a few quality brews every now and then.

Be a good neighbor and donate your kettle to him and show him how to properly grill (without the use of starter fluid). It's a perfect excuse for the wife to get you a new one that you may have had your eyes on. Good luck Brother!

Already there. Davefan360 gave me a maroon otg. I'm almost done cleaning it and will give it to my buddy this weekend.

We used my grill tonight.

That is what I always find when we rent beach houses. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I ask the rental agency 20 questions about the type of grill the house has. No matter what they say, it always ends up being one of those.

That is what I always find when we rent beach houses. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I ask the rental agency 20 questions about the type of grill the house has. No matter what they say, it always ends up being one of those.

Yep, beach houses and mountain cabins.
If you can cook, you can cook on one of these if you have to. Done it many times.

Those legs are officially strugglin.

Just think though - when you turn out some fine vittles like a boss on that thing, everyone will think you're half Paula Deen and half General Patton!!

One of the best bbq cooks I knew had two five gallon buckets. She cooked in
One and sat on the other. ;)

The other guy from across the way stopped by(not my neighbor). He's obviously been drinking. I threw a piece of chicken on for him. Big thick boneless skinless breast. I cooked them indirect, seared them, then dunked them in sauce and indirect until up to temp. The kettle got hot and flared up a bit during the sear. "If you had a spray bottle ya could. ......." I ignored him as I jockey the meat to a cooler zone. "You know I've heard that perfect chicken is only flipped once........" I couldnt hear him over the pop of another pbr but I'm pretty sure he said something about boiling ribs.

"Pass me one of Pabst buddy" it's gonna be a long night.

Or the Weber that uses green propane canisters. The Q something.

Back