KCBS + Restaurant Depot = No admittance

I just grabbed the tax exempt form from the company I work for and my business card and headed down there. Told them that we do a lot of entertaining clients (we are no way related to the restaurant biz) and needed an account. I also told them that I was in a purchasing position (technically I am since I am the GM). They had no problem with that and I got my membership.

To be honest, after shopping there a couple of times, I don't see a huge amount of value in shopping there. I have not seen the meat quality to be better than what I can get at Sams or Costco. Everything is in such large putups, that it doesn't work for me. Everything is in bulk and I just don't need all of that. I honestly do not see any cost savings over Sams or Costco.

That said, it is cool to walk through there anyway, so I will be there tomorrow morning seeing if there is anything there that I cannot live without. I was planning on buying a large pack of ribs there, but I just read that loin back and St Louis ribs are on sale at HEB for under $2/lb, so we will see what's up.

Are you going to the one downtown or Norcross??

I literally was at the Norcross one about an hour ago and I put my card on the counter as I always do, she picked it up, did something on the computer that looks like looking up a code, took out the little piece of paper and wrote the code down and said "have a nice day". Didn't flinch for a second.

I was at the downtown Atlanta store off of Ellensworth Industrial.

I just spoke with the manager of our Atlanta store and he said you are more than welcomed to shop in the store (which you are.. there and any of our stores if you show your KCBS membership card). I am very sorry for the trouble. If it ever happens again, please ask to speak to the store manager.

-Anna Lada
Restaurant Depot Marketing

THANK YOU!

I'm going to get my own membership and avoid the trouble.

Are you going to the one downtown or Norcross??

I literally was at the Norcross one about an hour ago and I put my card on the counter as I always do, she picked it up, did something on the computer that looks like looking up a code, took out the little piece of paper and wrote the code down and said "have a nice day". Didn't flinch for a second.

+1

Norcross NEVER has given me trouble. In fact, they let me keep the day pass which is getting a bit ragged but will hopefully last until Poobah gives me my BBQBrethren card. :becky:

Last year I was given a hand written day pass after showing my kcbs card. I always get the pass back at checkout and have used it numerous times.

I went a few weeks ago. No problems.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk HD

sorry to hear about your bad luck. they were wrong, though. it IS still active....

Back