Superior Smokers is still in Business?

missin44

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Superior Smokers is still in business. I'm shopping for a new vertical smoker and have been trying the website for over a week and it seems to be down.
Anyone know for sure?

I noticed the same thing, its not just you.

If your interested in any backwoods info, let me know

Eric

I noticed the same thing, its not just you.

If your interested in any backwoods info, let me know

Eric

Backwoods is one I'm also looking at along with Stumps and Superior. Maybe the gator model but I don't see the Gator on Backwoods website.

Check out Assassin Smokers... I just got mine... pretty much identical to Superior...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Check out Assasin Smokers, they are built by Jeff Conley. He also builds the Superior Smokers and many other brands that are discussed on here.

www.assassin-smokers.com

They look good, thanks. My question is how does this Jeff Conley manage to build so many different smokers for different folks? Is he a "hired gun" of smoker builders?

Check out Assassin Smokers... I just got mine... pretty much identical to Superior...

picture.php

Looks like it could use some brakes on the casters.

I like the way they cabbaged onto the Backwoods slogan.

Can we see the inside of it?

Looks like it could use some brakes on the casters.

I like the way they cabbaged onto the Backwoods slogan.

Can we see the inside of it?

yeah, no brakes... :mmph: but that's why he sent the channel irons... had to use a jack to get them under the wheels... lol

There's a bunch of pics in the album... 2 pages worth:

Here

Very nice!. It prolly wouldn't cost much to replace at least a coupel of those with casters that have brakes on them. for that matter, they can prolly hook you up with brake kits for those.

Very nice!. It prolly wouldn't cost much to replace at least a coupel of those with casters that have brakes on them. for that matter, they can prolly hook you up with brake kits for those.

they're welded on... and where would one find "brake" kits?

I was looking at a Superior Smoker and found Rebel Smokers. I am very happy with it.

they're welded on... and where would one find "brake" kits?

The caster mfgr most likely makes the same caster with brakes on it. Depending on who makes it you should be able to order the brake parts and put them on yourself. You might contact the pitbuilder and ask him to run them down for you. If it were mine I'd have to hold the pitbuilder liable to pay for someone to cut those off and put others on otherwise. I mean, what are yuo sposwed to do it you want to haul it somewhere?

The caster mfgr most likely makes the same caster with brakes on it. Depending on who makes it you should be able to order the brake parts and put them on yourself. You might contact the pitbuilder and ask him to run them down for you. If it were mine I'd have to hold the pitbuilder liable to pay for someone to cut those off and put others on otherwise. I mean, what are yuo sposwed to do it you want to haul it somewhere?

Yeah, gonna email Jeff and see what he's got on it... Whaddaya mean by not being able to haul it? it has tie down D rings mounted to secure it to a trailer...

Yeah, gonna email Jeff and see what he's got on it... Whaddaya mean by not being able to haul it? it has tie down D rings mounted to secure it to a trailer...

Just not as stable w/o the brakes, and then when you get where you are going you have to jack it back up and set the channels under it?

Is there and industrial caster dealer in you area? If so, you ought to be able to find brakes there as well.

Jeff is a great guy. I met him when I went to pick up my Superior. He runs the machine shop where the Superior, Assassin, Rebel, and DW Kountry Kookers are made. He is hired by the guys who came up with the Superior, Rebel, and DW's to build their brand of smokers, and he has made his own model with what he thinks is the best setup for the Assassin.

My Superior also came with the 4" casters, and I didn't have any problem getting it to stop where I wanted it to or towing it without brakes, as long as you have it strapped well.

When looking at the Assassin, I like that it has the Guru hookup on the side of the firebox, and out of the way of the door, and the fact that it comes WITH a guru, so you are really only paying $2000 for the smoker itself, which is built like a tank.

I know this is an old thread, but Superior Smokers is still apparently around... It has a new owner and I think it might be coming back around... more details to follow as I find out more... I know this is an old thread but I have some new relevant information to the original poster in the fact that I know this company has a new owner...

Back