Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Any recommendations on how to remove slobber from your laptop screen?
Chili looking amazing...

Just get used to it. You'll go through a few laptops or keyboards if you don't learn to type with them out of the drool line around here.

Now the screen/monitor licking is a whole nother issue :laugh:

By the way looks like some fine chilli about to happen there and trust me brother, I think we've all lost it to be here :heh:

Been reading this for a few weeks now- been pulling for you since I stumbled across it. Hope it happens for you next week. I think you're gonna rock once you get past all this BS!
Good luck.

Well, I did it. Won the chili cook-off with my smoked beef and sausage chili. Ended up serving around 400 people, which meant a lot of good promotion. Although I must say, it did get tiring answering "when are you going to open?" about 300 times. But handed out lots of menus, met a bunch of new faces, so now I just need to get the damn doors open so they can come in to eat.

It's also pretty awesome seeing people come back for seconds and thirds even though they only have enough tickets to sample once at each of the restaurants. :mrgreen:

1545064_547977345297695_278975763_n.jpg

Fantastic!

Now please share that recipe, too!

Also, I asked earlier, but can we order rub / sauce / etc from you?

Fantastic!

Now please share that recipe, too!

Also, I asked earlier, but can we order rub / sauce / etc from you?

Hmm, my chili recipe has won numerous contests. Not sure I should let the secrets out. :wink: Actually, I think I'm going to do a full writeup and post it to the main Q forum the next time I make it.

And I will be selling rubs and sauces once I get up and running. But to be honest, a number of the things I smoke just get salt and pepper. Shhh, don't let that secret recipe get out!

Hmm, my chili recipe has won numerous contests. Not sure I should let the secrets out. :wink: Actually, I think I'm going to do a full writeup and post it to the main Q forum the next time I make it.

And I will be selling rubs and sauces once I get up and running. But to be honest, a number of the things I smoke just get salt and pepper. Shhh, don't let that secret recipe get out!
Sounds good, honestly just hoping for a way I can help your business once you're rolling. As another small business owner I can totally relate to your struggles and would love to know of some way I could help offset your losses by supporting your work via purchases.

Congrats Jeremy, looking forward to stopping in when you open. :thumb::thumb:

Good going on the win and even more promotion of the business :thumb:

We'll be there the day you say you're open Jeremy

Great win! I help run our chili cook off in town and try to stress to restaurants in town what a good opportunity it is for promotion. We will deliver 600 people to you, you just need to promote yourself and cook the chili. Many still don't see that and completely miss the boat on the promotion part or don't even participate.

It's a farking miracle. The contractors were here at the crack of dawn working and said they should be done tomorrow at the latest. And they are coordinating with the inspector and said we should be able to open the doors no later than Thursday. I'm still not going to believe it until it actually happens though.

Back