***SPECIAL*** BBQ Brethren "Cook It Like a Brisket" Throwdown!

I'm really wondering, since Landarc mentioned it, what a loaf of spam would look like cooked to 205 IT...

Guess I either missed this one or
my short term memory loss has got the best of me again. What were we talking about again?

You fold your brisket in half for cooking? What? Okay, next year, you pitbitch for the entire Bash. No excuses that you have to work, you need to learn a few things.

Butt, Butt, Butt.......... I thought this was the cook it like a bigabyte brisket invitational open TD.:noidea:
Why else would he call such a hot topic TD with all the shameless promotions. :tsk:

22_Raw_OnCooker.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, tri-tip is injected, two layer rubbed and on smoker as we speak. It is at 235F and holding, and, since I am doing it, it is gonna rock.

Yes, I mean, no, I do not cook rocks.

Dang, it is just like brisket, 5 hours at 225F and it is still not probe tender.

6 hours, 6 farking hours! A 2 pound roast takes 6 hours at 225F to get to where a brisket flat would take 4 hours.

Last edited:
Way to go Bob!:clap: Now that we have confirmed the results with another cook, we know what to expect.:thumb:

First I find out that I can't turn in fruit and then this Tri-tip shows up. I think I will have to skip this one. There is no way to win.

I'm thinking this throwdown is the ultimate challenge. I'm thinking seafood. I'm thinking scallops cooked like a farking brisket. This could completely revolutionize the world of seafood. Scallops cooked low and slow for eight farking hours. I'm thinking a mild smoke, like pecan -- or maybe a sweet smoke, like apple.

It's time to make history!

CD

CD, that is farking redonkulous. there would be no smoke ring for starters (thats where the flavor is, duh), and I seriously doubt you could slice them across the grain and get get them to stay together... :rolleyes:

Hi guys, This aussie is trying his third pork butt in an old KAMADO(japanese) bought off ebay.
The first two went so well, i will continue to use the texas sweet rub i bought at a local "american" store!
My partener and i are doing the old routr 66 in August(got about twenty five days to cross, any good tips on bbq places i can visit or if i am in the wrong thread, can you redirect me please.
This is one of my first posts and i am still trying to navagate!!
Wish me luck with the BUTT!!(4kg/8lb)

Welcome! I'll help ya' out!

You've found your way into the dodgy part of the forum, all sort of unspeakable things take place in this mad house! :crazy:

I think the spot you're looking for first is "Cattle Call" located here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

best of luck with your butt! :thumb:

Edit: be sure to post some pics of your komado, there are several others around here sportin' K Joe's too! You're in good company! But look out for the other Aussies running around the place, something just ain't right about them... :crazy: 'specially that Smokin aussie fella... "Bill" I think he calls himself :heh:

Hi guys, This aussie is trying his third pork butt in an old KAMADO(japanese) bought off ebay.
The first two went so well, i will continue to use the texas sweet rub i bought at a local "american" store!
My partener and i are doing the old routr 66 in August(got about twenty five days to cross, any good tips on bbq places i can visit or if i am in the wrong thread, can you redirect me please.
This is one of my first posts and i am still trying to navagate!!
Wish me luck with the BUTT!!(4kg/8lb)

Pretty sneaky Aussie griller. I see a butt cooked like a brisket on the way. :doh: Why didn't I think of that. Here I sit with a whole pile of mushy apples.

Back