Followup to yesterday's tritip - taco night

beercuer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For those who may have missed it, I cooked a balsamic tritip last night.

I find that leftover tritip makes for fabulous out-of-this-world tacos, too. Just shred the meat, hit it with carne asada seasoning and lotsa hot sauce.

...And fill the shells. First the meat, then shredded romaine lettuce, crema mexicana, shredded cheese, and halved cherry tomatoes.

That might be a taco throwdown masterpiece. Great tacos and the plate is perfect.

Thank you most kindly, Westy! That sure is a consolation after getting my tail kicked in the last few TD's.

just beautiful. i am a photographer also and congratulate you on your wonderful pictures. What camera did you use and what lens?

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Thanks Jacksedona! (and everyone)!

I used an itty-bitty Sony DSC WX-150 pocket camera with the Sony (not Carl Zeiss) lens. Funny..., Sony does have a lower 50 model that features the Zeiss lens, but the Sony lens is actually better (at least to my eyes). I sure don't know how to explain that.

I usually make plain asada tacos with the small tortillas but man, I'd hit those any time! Your tri-tip looks fantastic!

Looks fantastic, but are you sure there's some meat hiding in those tacos? :icon_smile_tongue:

Looks fantastic, but are you sure there's some meat hiding in those tacos? :icon_smile_tongue:

Quite a bit of meat actually. Sorry you do not see it, Kloogee. Next time, I'll make my pulled pork soft tacos, and there you will see the meat for sure.

Last edited:
Back