• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

***SPECIAL*** Discussion Thread -> "Farking Double Cheeseburger" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

You don't HAVE to grind your meat to make an entry.

This isn't the "Grind your meat" TD.

This is the "Grind two pieces of meat between buns" TD.

Ahem...what part of:

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

do you farkers NOT understand?

If you want to post off topic banter, you can do it HERE.

I hope Ron_L is keeping track or it might take forever for him to get his poll up...

I hope Ron_L is keeping track or it might take forever for him to get his poll up...

I don't count the entries before I go to erect my poll. I like thing to be spontaneous.

Now get back on topic! That means you, Mr. Biggles...

Guess I'm out as Im stuck on step one of the very stiff stringent rules-pounding my meat.
But-hey I'm OK with that.

This is my official entry into the TD. My first ever. It's skilled-grilled, so it's "grilled" using the term loosely, but still properly. I hope this still qualifies.

I have video and pictures:

http://instagram.com/p/ljDr51y71J

fsEkDNM.jpg

Two 80/20 ground chuck (not ground beef) patties flattened to about 1/4" thick and 5" in diameter
Preheat a small skillet on low heat
Dice onions into rice-size pieces and place into small skillet. You want to reduce them, not brown them, so cook them like this until they form a paste (takes about 20 minutes)
At about 15 minutes, preheat a larger ~12" skillet on medium-high heat
Take a true metal spatula and press the tip into the top side of the patties, making small gridlike indentions across the whole patty.
Once the skillet is heated, liberally salt the gridded side of the patties.
Place patties grid-side down and immediately make a grid on the top side
This grid creates tiny "feet" that come in contact with the skillet and help create a nice crust with the salt as well as helps reduce shrinkage
Cook until a nice crust has formed (usually about 5 minutes)
Slather yellow mustard on the top side and flip
Once the patties almost have a crust on both sides, place a piece of deli-sliced American cheese on top of both patties
Place unbuttered hamburger buns inside the skillet
Tilt the skillet a bit to allow the fat from the patties to reach the buns, if it's not already
Cook until toasted well, almost burnt

To build the burger, spread a little Thousand Island dressing on the bottom bun (or ketchup + mayo + relish), a few pickle slices, one patty, then spread the onion paste on top of this patty, then place the other patty and top with the bun.

I love a burger where the meat speaks for itself. I don't like too many toppings and I definitely don't prefer thick patties, gourmet, stuffed, etc burgers. I mix nothing into my meat.

That video was taken two weeks ago and the picture is the result, so I'm within the timeline. Had I known I would be using it to enter a TD, I would have taken better pictures. Perhaps after a few bites were deliciously removed.

I made another farking double cheeseburger, that meets all the criteria of a farking double cheeseburger. I haven't yet decided whether or not I want this to be an entry in the farking double cheeseburger throwdown. It was just fun to do, because this farking double cheeseburger is a bit off the wall, yet oh my goodness did it taste good.

The Double Hot Italian Burger w/ Provolone & Parmesan

All the zesty taste of an Italian Meatball Sandwich, but with the high performance handling of a burger!
Vroooomm!

332rup3.jpg

Build thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182972

Please enter this one, in addition to my pastrami burger.

What was the heat source for the skillet? I can't tell from the video.

Gas stove. Which is why I pointed out that this was only skillet-grilled. I didn't know if that still counted towards qualification. The rules didn't mention it, at least not that I saw in the TD rules thread.

If I missed it and I'm excluded, then my apologies.

Back