• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Canopy suggestion

jketron

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ive been told the 10 x 10 is the size now what brand? What style holds up? Do you get one with the wind relief up top? Spend a few extra bucks to make sure the hardware works nice? Option? Use buckets with tie downs and add water to the buckes for weight for wind issues?

Ive been told the 10 x 10 is the size now what brand? What style holds up? Do you get one with the wind relief up top? Spend a few extra bucks to make sure the hardware works nice? Option? Use buckets with tie downs and add water to the buckes for weight for wind issues?

Impact canopies are the only way to go! They are expensive but it will be the only one you will ever buy. We use 60 pound buckets of concrete on the four corners.

Impact canopies are the only way to go! They are expensive but it will be the only one you will ever buy. We use 60 pound buckets of concrete on the four corners.

Just got a custom printed Impact canopy and can't wait to show it off in Vegas this weekend! It looks GREAT! :thumb:

I use four 5 gal buckets filled with water. Easier to transport. Though I have not used it on a really windy day yet, but it should be OK

I use "Fast-Up" 10x10s and they truly are! Sturdy enough to withstand high winds without the legs buckling (like my "Dick's" canopy did!). I use a CMU block on each leg if windy. "Fast-Up" is $99.00 at WalMart.

I use "Fast-Up" 10x10s and they truly are! Sturdy enough to withstand high winds without the legs buckling (like my "Dick's" canopy did!). I use a CMU block on each leg if windy. "Fast-Up" is $99.00 at WalMart.

+1. You cant beat these for the price and they are surprisingly sturdy and easy to setup. We have 3 now and 1 have these has been through 2 seasons already (8 comps and dozens of house parties).

i use the steel version caravan. withstood the craziest spring storm i've seen in a long time. the guys next to me with their EZ-UP equivalant had to go home after it crumpled like paper.

i use 5 gallon buckets of water too. i don't fancy transporting 20 gallons of concrete around.

I use a caravan I bought at Costco. Doing fine after four years and some pretty good storms. I use the ez-up sand bags and or buckets filled with water. Best advice I got is to lower it down all the way or take it down completely if high winds are coming.

I use a caravan I bought at Costco. Doing fine after four years and some pretty good storms. I use the ez-up sand bags and or buckets filled with water. Best advice I got is to lower it down all the way or take it down completely if high winds are coming.

+10!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Question though how do you keep them from melting when you are first getting your stick burners started, I was thinking of getting one but if I put it up I was afraid it would get to hot and melt while I was getting my fire started. My firebox also loads from the top not the side which might make a difference, no heat blocked by top of firebox it is open to let the heat rise.

EZ-UP 10x10

I have a 12x12 also but I don't like it as well. It's substantially heavier/bigger and not nearly as stable. I use 5 gallon buckets with water. They are easy to stack and lightweight when empty.

Question though how do you keep them from melting when you are first getting your stick burners started, I was thinking of getting one but if I put it up I was afraid it would get to hot and melt while I was getting my fire started. My firebox also loads from the top not the side which might make a difference, no heat blocked by top of firebox it is open to let the heat rise.

Keep the cooker away from the tent. The tent is for prep, shelter. Shouldn't be close enough to the cooker for it to be an issue.

Id like to get a unit where I can attach the back panel all the time with my team logo on it and then the other three sides as needed. I'll use the 5 gallon buck and water to weight it down for the mild wind days and take it down on high winds days.

Believe me, Shane knows what he is talking about. You will either pay now or pay later. Impact wil end up being cheaper in the long run.

I bought the Quick Shade from Bravo Sports after reading the review in Smoke Signals. So far I really like it but I have only had it for a few months. I have had it out in the wind and rain and it handled it just fine so far.

Back