Cut down and piled in the “Three Levels of Beef Jerky”
Sweet, Black Peppered, & Crushed Red Pepper
View attachment 85981
Please use this last photo as the polling pic
View attachment 85982
Thanks for looking
SD :-D

Last edited:
How is that Weinhard's? I see it at the store and have been meaning to try it, but never have.

Wow, nice! Does the brining make that much of a difference? I just use my own teriaki and smoke it with an hour or so after putting into a bag.

Wow, nice! Does the brining make that much of a difference? I just use my own teriaki and smoke it with an hour or so after putting into a bag.

Been doing it that way for years and have never had any problems with it lasting a long time. If you don't rinse it, you will have salty jerky. I usually vacuum pack some in smaller packages and freeze so it lasts a little longer. I always have a baggie of this on a hunting trip!

I am sure it is fine without the brine if eating in a short amount of time.

That looks wonderful. I've been making jerky for years with a dehydrator, I'm sure the smoker adds a whole extra dimension.

Recipe is pretty much as described. The salt brine is basic salt and water and I add just a few things to add taste. Garlic poweder, onion powder. Maybe a little spice but not usually.

The flavor is mostly teyaraki sauce (yashedias or similar) and again garlic and onion. Sometimes a splash of sesame oil or ginger, and brown sugar.

I just go by taste. make it sweet but too much and sprinkle on the black pepper after hanging to get the sweet and spicy combo.

I can estimate the amounts if needed but usually go by taste. If you want hotter add some spice to the flaver brew or add pepper flakes to the hanging meat.

I usually have some without pepper for the kids na such.

Jerky looks great. Going to be doing some soon myself. Never tried the brining before. Thanks for the post.

I haven't seen Henry weinhards since high school. Very cool. Didn't know they still made it.

My son and I have been wanting to make jerky for awhile now. Might have to borrow your techniques. Jerky looks awesome. I am very jealous of the smokehouse.

Back