• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vision classic Kamado on Sale $399

Can u see a black rubber seal around your bottom vent? Maybe I got lucky as mine is airtight. I can see the seal budging out from being tight. Guess easiest way to check how much airless u have us to close off both vents. If it still burns, you're not sealed. I've read on other forums that people put a bead of silicon around the bottom vent.

man im really torn on this grill at $400. I could probably sell my WSM 18" for $100 plus ive got a weber Q for sale but don't know if I could get the wife to let me invest in yet another grill.

if only she could be more into pizza or something hmm...

Can u see a black rubber seal around your bottom vent? Maybe I got lucky as mine is airtight. I can see the seal budging out from being tight. Guess easiest way to check how much airless u have us to close off both vents. If it still burns, you're not sealed. I've read on other forums that people put a bead of silicon around the bottom vent.

Thought mine was sealed tight but I did decide to use some RTV silicone to seal the bottom vent. I get much better control now. I used the copper 700F RTV sealant.

I think I've committed on friday to picking one of these up if still available on friday.

Has anyone use an ATC on one of these?

I think I've committed on friday to picking one of these up if still available on friday.

Has anyone use an ATC on one of these?

I have a partyQ that I have used on this and it worked like a charm. The temps stayed pretty consistent but it does burn a lot more fuel.

Last overnight smoke I did I skipped the partyQ and just set the vents. I relied on my maverick to let me know if the temp was off - got no alarms and grill was @ 225 when I got up.

But yes, the 'Q worked well the times I have used it.

I just picked mine up on Sunday. Here's pics:

I have to say, I was really impressed with the quality of this Kamado, in every respect, including how well it was packed. Of course the proof is in the pudding and I'll know for sure when I put it through its paces, but from what I can see, even $599 seems to be a great deal on this, and at $399, it's beyond a steal.

Any idea if these are still on sale? Won't get back from vacation until next week unfortunately.

I've done ribs and ribeye roast on the grill and find it extremely hard to maintain temperature. I have a BGE in Florida so I do know how to run one. I use a Party Q to control temperature, but because of air leaks around the bottom vent, it is very difficult to maintain temperature. On the BGE, it does a wonderful job. I guess more experimenting is in order.

When did you buy yours? They made some updates to the grill. There is a better sealant around the vents and the temp gauge goes to 800 (or maybe higher Im too lazy to go outside to check)

I sealed around the perimeter of the bottom vent today and noticed an open gap between the lid and body of the smoker. The shock absorber/stop was holding it open enough to easily slide a piece of paper through the opening. I removed the absorber and now the lid closes completely. I'm doing some ribs tomorrow, hopefully the temperature will be easier to control.

Chuck

I stopped by our local Costco and the Vision wasn't onsale yet. I think I might have to wait till later in the summer season.

I stopped by our local Costco and the Vision wasn't onsale yet. I think I might have to wait till later in the summer season.

I stopped in last weekend and checked one out at my local Costco, still $599

The ceramic seems to be made of a lighter, brittle material than the BGE. One of the set plates was broken inside and you could see the material, the upper dome edge as also chipped up, the side tables are not level and don't feel like they'll support much weight.

Exhaust vent seems ok, intake vent did not seal well at all, very loose and a gap between the vent and the base. Hinge looked sturdy and the nest looked ok.

They are now $399 in MA. and in New Hampsire also. I just picked mine up in Nashua, no tax. They seem to only have a few in each location though.

They are also selling Traeger pellet cookers.

Been to 3 Costco's in the Minneapolis area and are still at their regular price, and never did to on sale. Not many on the floor either do I doubt I will be so lucky to see a price ending in $xxx.97.

I stopped in last weekend and checked one out at my local Costco, still $599

The ceramic seems to be made of a lighter, brittle material than the BGE. One of the set plates was broken inside and you could see the material, the upper dome edge as also chipped up, the side tables are not level and don't feel like they'll support much weight.

Exhaust vent seems ok, intake vent did not seal well at all, very loose and a gap between the vent and the base. Hinge looked sturdy and the nest looked ok.

I picked one up, didn't notice anything on the inside but it works really well. The side tables definitely are not designed to hold a ton of weight but they held 10lbs of whole chickens just fine.

Back