Discussion Thread -> BBQ Brethren "One Dish Wonders" (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"One Dish Wonders"

I wonder what that dish is :confused:

As chosen by Deguerre AND Caseydog for Deguerre's DQ'd entry and Caseydog's default win in the "Time For Veggies to Shine!" Throwdown.

:roll:

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING
deguerre said:
The Tubesteak TD got me thinking. There were a few entries that were presented as one dish meals. The beenie weenies were a one pan dish, likewise BBQinMI's mac n cheese. CD's one dish was finished off in a skillet and K-Jun's was even the bread itself as the cooking vessel. So, the entire meal has to be cooked on the grill/smoker in a dish or pan and presented as such. We could get anything from gumbos to potroasts, to eggplant parmesan or even paella...

That makes perfect sense, right? Doesn't sound like I will be passing out any Dilly Bars on this one! :rolleyes:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/28 through Sunday 7/7.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 7/8.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
Wow...we're getting quality on topic posts here in the Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion Thread.
What is wrong with you farkers???? :confused:

:laugh:

Nice call guys I am farkin tired of washin pots and pans!:grin:

Reading minds again?

Wow...we're getting quality on topic posts here in the Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion Thread.
What is wrong with you farkers???? :confused:

:laugh:

I'm just waiting for the impending clusterfark...

Just consulted with Carol and she said I can't do it, I have no idea how to cook that way.

Now I get to do my favourite thing..... PROVE HER WRONG! Yahoo!!

After looking through the entries so far I have a question.

What is considered a 'dish' in this case? Is Guerry's wienie fork a dish? Is grilling a meat and then putting it into a pot with other stuff one dish? When I think of a one dish or one pot meal I think of something that is cooked in on dish or pot like a casserole where everything is thrown into a casserole dish and baked in there or a pot roast where the meat is seared in the pot and then the other stuff added and the whole thing cooked.

What does everyone else think?

Back