A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

Curt, were gonna need a WIDER lense.....

apgbII-034.jpg

i think i have to cook at a weekend golf outing in springfield that weekend.

would love to come out and help,, but its the same time as our relay for life event,,, sounds like a great time and a great cause

I'll keep posting.

In fact, I talked to Pat on the way home from work today. Even though he's the current title holder, he's bowing out of the competition part. He's going to have a new smoker, as he sold his huge rig today (that's a good thing). Whatever he ends up with will be there to be used, too.

He's going to help me organize everything. And we decided that he and I are fixing all the cooks and the pastors and their spouses dinner on Saturday night.

Last year we had the fatties and ABT competitions... Do you all want to repeat that, add to it, change something there? With the pastors being there Saturday night, we can let them judge a couple of categories, like fatties, as appetizers.

Sounds like a good event and a good opportunity to meet some of the Brethren, that part of town went to hell once the Grub Steak moved out! Actually I do a lot of work in the area its really not that bad. I'll check in with ya closer to the date, to see if there is anything I can help with. I can be there in about 5 minutes from were I work. I also live somewhere close to your house, if nothing else I can haul a Suburban load of stuff down if you need extra room. Don't have a portable cooker though. Or then again maybe I'll just slip in stealth like and score me a few free Sammies! : )

I'm new here and I just want to say that it's awesome what you guys are doing.

God bless

David, I may take you up on helping me get my XL BGE up there. It's going to be a great event this year, even better than last. I'm already working in the tshirt, which proves it will be worth getting to... Free tshirts for cooks, and something great for dinner on Saturday.

I'm not promising anything as we will have a 1 1/2 month old at that point but if I can get away I would love to help out. We'll see what the wife says.

is that a firm date Curt? I'm not trying to open a can of worms but I can't make it that weekend. I can do the weekend before though.

The date isn't set in stone, but it won't be the weekend before, as that's Mother's Day weekend. The weekend after is Memorial Day... There could be an argument for that.

What do you all think of that weekend? It would allow easier travel home.

They want it earlier than that... And, no, I probably couldn't guess. Can you make any of the weekend?

This is gonna be a blast y'all... Last year was really fun ans this year promises to be even better. I'm working with Curt to get the meats donated through sponsors. Less cost and more fun... Does it get any better??

Look at Spydermike trying to suck in his belly! AHHH!!!! Don't think he can breathe in that much air!!!
If Bubba still knows a guy and he gets that motorhome, I should be able to sneak a ride down with them and this time sleep in the top bunk without frost being on the inside of the windows!

Scott

Look at Spydermike trying to suck in his belly! AHHH!!!! Don't think he can breathe in that much air!!!
If Bubba still knows a guy and he gets that motorhome, I should be able to sneak a ride down with them and this time sleep in the top bunk without frost being on the inside of the windows!

Scott

Do you really think Dayton could handle another visit from Bubba's bus and the Michigan Mafia? :twisted:

Back