Conneticut State KCBS Championship. Here we come.!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
"Brothers in Smoke" are in!!!! I got a call yesterday that we've been put in as the last team!! So we're goin to Conneticut for our first state Championship!

Right now.. the team is... uhhhh?......... me.
Greg cant get away. Colt is lookin into the logistics.. but I'm goin.. looks like me and Colt, or Me and Colt and my Daughter Jackie..... the First Brethrenette to compete.! Was flip floppin on attending cause

1- i just spent a whole week away from home..
2- my daughters B-day party was going to be that Saturday. Wehn she heard we got slid into a slot, she reschedule her birthday party overnight to have today.. I am typing this, surrounded by 9 13 year olds having a party at midnight and waiting for a friend with an ice cream truck to show up. She rescheduled her birthday so i can go... So now

I GOTTA GO. !

So.. conneticut State.. here We come!!! next Saturday and Sunday..

Inspections are at 4PM saturday... First turnin is noon30 Sunday.

Thanks for the invite when we spoke on the phone earlier today. I shared our conversation at work today and some of the gals went to work immediately trying to rework the schedule for me to make it.
I still have the problem of never flying before, if I could drive it in a day, I'd be there in a heartbeat. So believe me when I say I am totally honored, but I got to keep my butt on the ground.

I think you and your daughter will do just fine if Colt can't make it. Just remember the conversation of prepping your turn in boxes early and holding with ice in a paper towel inside. This cookoff will be a memory that Jackie will never forget! Father-daughter cooking team.
Best of luck to you with the judges. You know how to cook so you don't need any luck there. GIVE 'EM HELL BROTHER(S) AND BROTHERETTE!!

BTW: Happy Birthday Jackie, you got a great daddy!

If I wasn't already committted to juding the contest, I would have loved to help out. I'll see you on the winner's platform.

Shoot - Phil's got the great daugher!! :D

Have a great time and tear it up!

Pace yourselves and do what you do best -- Phil! Don't mess around experimenting! :D

Josh - keep track of the time!

Jackie! Make them be nice! :D

Hey Guys and little Q-Gal-

Cook Hard and Have Fun!
Knock-em Dead.
TIM

Well.. got the ball rolling.. Got a hotel from Friday to Sunday.. Figured to let jackie sleep in a real bed if she wants for those nights. Got the trailer on hold just in case..... cause I'm going on tuesday to look at a 6x12 ramp trailer i found in the newspaper. Tomorrow I call for the Kobe brisket. I spent 2 hour on the phone with dave(klose) tonight gettin a pep talk and he got me psyched!! Got some real competition this time around, people are coming up from alot of southern states. Heard the there are a couple Jack Daniels Grand Champions in the mix this time too... but hey.. experience is experience... if we leave with anything, we leave with that. heres a link to the roster.

http://www.podunkbluegrass.com/Competition/2004barbequecontest.htm

DFLittle said:

Shoot - Phil's got the great daugher!! :D

Have a great time and tear it up!

Pace yourselves and do what you do best -- Phil! Don't mess around experimenting! :D

Josh - keep track of the time!

Jackie! Make them be nice! :D

Ditto that.

Hot Damn! Go Phil, Colt & Jackie!

Heard the there are a couple Jack Daniels Grand Champions in the mix this time too...
Don't let that bother you, just go do your thing and you'll do great! Best of luck!

Phil,
At any given competion, on any given day, any given team can win! You guys can do it. My money is on you!
Mike

From website.................
This event is KCBS Sanctioned

Sunday, August 8th, 2004 at Martin Park, East Hartford, CT

On Sunday join us for the 2nd Annual barbecue contest in chicken, ribs, brisket and pork shoulder. We are working to including a sampling of some of this great barbeque!

Are the contests rules amended to just pork shoulders, or can you do boston butt as well?? Curious minds would like to know.........

Solidkick said:
From website.................
This event is KCBS Sanctioned

Sunday, August 8th, 2004 at Martin Park, East Hartford, CT

On Sunday join us for the 2nd Annual barbecue contest in chicken, ribs, brisket and pork shoulder. We are working to including a sampling of some of this great barbeque!

Are the contests rules amended to just pork shoulders, or can you do boston butt as well?? Curious minds would like to know.........

Connecticut State Barbeque Championship - -Their website says shoulders or butts. Judging at 1:00pm.

All my bags are packed...

welp I got my van all packed up... meeting phil on the road tomorrow to make our trek up to the CT BBQ festival... dont know if there will be internet access in my hotel room... but I also packed the digicam and a camcorder... should be interesting viewing anyway :)

I just hope my van dont stink like old BBQ tomorrow morning when we leave as my WSM is sitting in there now :)

have a good weekend all!

wish us some luck!

Go Brethren!!!!!!!!
Make us proud boys!

Good luck and smoke something good

peace
mike

menu;
3 Kobe Brisket
2 butts
60 wings
60 thighs
12 racks of BB ribs
Prime Rib(Saturday Dinner)
8 pounds bacon
2 dozen egss
dozen fatties
6 sausage rings
3 french racks of Lamb
and a few snacks.. :)

trailer is packed with the BYC, WSM and a kettle, 3 tents(got the foldaway canopy greg) and a cople coleman recliners. Doin the ice run in the morning and we're off, hopefully by 10. Gonna get within range of the park on Friday day arounf 1. got a hotel for friday night. .. then get there early Sat mornin to get a good spot at the site.. Hopefully i wont have to back that trailer in anywhere.. cause its a farkin comedy act to watch.

Back