Asked for an estimate

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics of a rig I've asked about. They say it'll do 300# or pork butt or 140 racks of ribs (using the racks).

I'm trying to get a price on the rib racks seperately. They also have a big honking charcoal basket for this thing -- estimate 4 hours burn time per load.

www.partygrills.com

Probably - but how many ways can you make a rib rack?

Whoa buddy! Nice rig! Looks pretty heavy too by looking at the strain on the tire in the picture........

Solidkick said:
Whoa buddy! Nice rig! Looks pretty heavy too by looking at the strain on the tire in the picture........

What Mr. Kick said. Depends on the inflation and how thick that steel is. Something that size I'd expect a double axle and some fenders as well. Is it just me or is that firebox a little low to the ground as well?

You guys would bitch if you were being hung with a new rope! :D

Piss on the bunch of ya! No more sharing dreams on this forum with you farks!! :twisted:

If I'm not paying and you are pulling it with your vehicle it looks awesome :D

I'm saving this thread, in the event you leave the firebox in a parking lot with speed bumps. :twisted:

Don't ask, if you don't want to know :mrgreen:

I understand!

I would probably have a chat with the builder -- however, take a look at Klose's rigs, Lang's, or Gator pits and you 'll note they don't clear the ground by much, either! As most probably realize you don't haul these particular rigs all over hell's backyard. I don't do competition - I cater!

I'd probably have it mounted on a flat trailer so I could haul the canopy, coolers, etc. with the cooker instead of inside the Explorer. I don't currently have a truck or catering van.

Don't they have a good used one. You know it will take at least five years of daily use to get it seasoned well enough to produce at it's peak.

Other than that it looks OK to me. If it is well built then get it. This stuff is not Rocket Science, fire on the side and plenty of room. What more could you ask.

those racks are definately daves. and that pit looks like his too.
go for it dave!!! we need more capacity at B3.

When's the first smoke?

If anyone cares here's a followup:
This large cooker pictured earlier in this thread is 32" in diameter and 120" long with a 36"x36"x36" insulated
firebox with the warmer above. As pictured it goes for $4250. It can be equipped
with a rotisserie and additional woodboxes, counters, etc.

The rib racks are stainless and nominally 12"x12"x4" with space for 6 slabs
The racks go for $25 each.

The verticle cooker shown here goes for $4000 without the rotisserie but with 4 shelves per side and mounted on this 6'x10' walk-on trailer.

The cooker that is kinda like a Klose BYC on the trailer goes for $3350 on the trailer or $3300 on it's own axle.

Info is at www.partygrills.com

I'll go halves with ya on a cooker, of course I gotta move in with ya to be close to my investment...

Seriously, If I thought I could do the catering that you do, I'd be looking for a cooker like this too. The wife and I talk more about it every week.
I'm going to do a small business siminar and see if I think I could do something like this. Ever since you was resturant shopping a few months back, you got me thinking about it too.

I was wandering around Dunedin today scouting around for locations. :D

One of these days! I'm torn between buying a really large cooker that'll handle 400/plus or
staying with one that'll handle 200 or so and then buying up later. The "smaller" rig would
work for weekend part-timing and most catering. The big dawgs are just so darn much fun
to look at :mrgreen:

I really like the verticle and will be looking at it more closely. They are built in Lakeland which is
only about an hour from here - actually my mom-in-law lives in Lakeland so I can run over
to check out the company and drop the spouse off to visit with mom, too! :D

When I get two nickles to rub together I'll really start some scheming :twisted:

Back