Pork Shoulder over Mojobricks w/pr0n!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So a while back smokinit was nice enough to send out a few samples of the cherry mojobricks and I promised I'd give a review on them in return. Well, better late than never. :tsk:

Pork shoulder was on special this week for $.99/lb and it's been a while since I did anything other than a butt.

I have an egg and I usually use a couple fist sized wood chunks, so I got out the table saw an cut the bricks into quarters. They were the perfect size for the egg. I lit 2 spots of Humphrey's lump and threw 1 quarter mojobrick on each lit spot.

DSC_0130-001.jpg

They started to smoke pretty much right away and it only took about 30 minutes until I was ready to throw the meat on.

I rubbed up the shoulder with Oakridge Secret Weapon and some Big Butz Pig Pollen.

DSC_0134-001.jpg

I put the butt on at midnight, set the ique110 to 225, which I haven't done in quite a while and it came off at around 2pm the next day. Straight up on the grate, no foil, no spritzing.

DSC_0137-001.jpg

DSC_0135-001.jpg

Sadly I didn't get any shots of it pulled. :doh:

The color was great and it had fantastic smoke flavor. I'll definitely be looking into some more when I run out. Thanks again smokinit!

On another note. I tried some of your Purple Pork Masters Sauce and it is totally out of sight. It just might be good enough to bump Blues Hog right outta my frig. :thumb: Go get you some people!

So a while back smokinit was nice enough to send out a few samples of the cherry mojobricks and I promised I'd give a review on them in return. Well, better late than never. :tsk:

Pork shoulder was on special this week for $.99/lb and it's been a while since I did anything other than a butt.

I have an egg and I usually use a couple fist sized wood chunks, so I got out the table saw an cut the bricks into quarters. They were the perfect size for the egg. I lit 2 spots of Humphrey's lump and threw 1 quarter mojobrick on each lit spot.

DSC_0130-001.jpg

They started to smoke pretty much right away and it only took about 30 minutes until I was ready to throw the meat on.

I rubbed up the shoulder with Oakridge Secret Weapon and some Big Butz Pig Pollen.

DSC_0134-001.jpg

I put the butt on at midnight, set the ique110 to 225, which I haven't done in quite a while and it came off at around 2pm the next day. Straight up on the grate, no foil, no spritzing.

DSC_0137-001.jpg

DSC_0135-001.jpg

Sadly I didn't get any shots of it pulled. :doh:

The color was great and it had fantastic smoke flavor. I'll definitely be looking into some more when I run out. Thanks again smokinit!

On another note. I tried some of your Purple Pork Masters Sauce and it is totally out of sight. It just might be good enough to bump Blues Hog right outta my frig. :thumb: Go get you some people!

Thanks bud looks great glade you liked it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

These mojo bricks have me seriously contemplating a purchase!

Nice color! Bet it tasted good. You did 225 all night?

Thanks big dan, and yep, 225 first time in a while at that temp. Worked out great for a three hr rest before dinner. I usually go hotter but if I put it on before bed it's always done too early for dinner.

Back