• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

3-2-1 Rib Guys. What goes in your foil?

Rez90

Reaction score
I typically have only used apple juice but i was watching bbq pit masters last night and saw some of the guys using all kinds of stuff inside the foil.

One guy smeared brown sugar, butter, and honey in the foil...Sounds amazing...

Anyone do this?

What goes in your foil?

i've done apple juice, apple cider, pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, honey, and even soy sauce.

most recently i use apple juice and I rubbed the meat side with a paste i made from brown sugar, evoo, and some spices that were also in the rub

I don't put anything other than the ribs in the foil, but when I bring them back to the rack after the foil, sauce for 30-45 minutes.

I have been adding parkay, honey, brown sugar and more rub.

My next rib cook will be done sans any additional flavors or liquids in conjunction with an experiment Sandieobbq is running. I am interested in how they come out.

honey, butter n brown sugar. i melt it down in the micro, mix it up, n use a brush to brush it on the ribs before foiling. yum yum :thumb:

This is a great thread...thank sofr all of the advice.

4Dueces, nice avatar...VERY NICE AVATAR

i use my rib sace and turbinado suger

Sauce and brown sugar, a couple of tablespoons of each, more or less.

FD201023-1.jpg

It depends on the mood of the family. I will either foil ribs by themselves then put back on grate with sauce for about 30 minutes or if everyone wants sweet ribs I do the parkay, honey, brown sugar which yes is amazingly good.

At a comp: brown sugar, honey and parkay.
At home: just the ribs mayam....just the ribs....

Butter, brown sugar and a bit of another rub to build on the "layers of flavors" thing :grin:.

4Dueces, nice avatar...VERY NICE AVATAR

ya that avatar.... gets me every time.... i always see that and stop scrolling. aiya ya ya.... maybe it should be changed... it always makes me stop thinking about Q... it makes me have bad ideas. :pray:

Love. We always wrap them with love.

That, and a nice spritz of apple juice and worchestershire sauce...

Back