Some more pizzas in the Blackstone

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sausage, Mushroom, Onions and Green Peppers...

14629321463_560a2d1092_c.jpg

14606057091_bf6bf9e51c_c.jpg

14607254904_d7506bec51_c.jpg

14609286865_15ae4a0f57_c.jpg

I'm getting closer to round :becky:

I'd hit that. I really like that topping combo. Round is overrated!:-D

Oh boy oh boy...daNG that looks past good Ron. I think it's pizza time this Friday for me.

Ron,

Nicely done. I think it was your last post about pizza that got me to buy the Camp Chef pizza oven for my outdoor stove for $100. That made me go from making ghetto crust and awful pizzas to legit "00" flour based dough in my big mixer and producing one of the best tasting pizzas I've had in a long time. You're quite the inspiring mod. :)

20140705_145512.jpg

20140705_150024.jpg

20140705_194801.jpg

It's not as fancy as the Blackstone, but I'm getting pretty good at cooking around 650 degrees and having a pizza ready to eat in five minutes. I am even improving my peel skills since I have to spin the pizza in the oven to get a 100% even cook.

Ron-O,
As a former skin man at Shakies, I can tell you how to get a round pizza. Roll it out flat larger than you need and then use a round cutter and cut it out like a cookie cutter. :thumb:

But you really shouldn't worry as you pies look great!

Ron,

Nicely done. I think it was your last post about pizza that got me to buy the Camp Chef pizza oven for my outdoor stove for $100. That made me go from making ghetto crust and awful pizzas to legit "00" flour based dough in my big mixer and producing one of the best tasting pizzas I've had in a long time. You're quite the inspiring mod. :)

I'm great at spending someone else's money :becky:

Your pizza looks great! I haven't gone to the point of getting 00 flour yet, but probably soon :rolleyes:

I'm great at spending someone else's money :becky:

Your pizza looks great! I haven't gone to the point of getting 00 flour yet, but probably soon :rolleyes:

Well thanks man. I'm okay with it because the results were great. My pizzas are not round, but that's on purpose. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

If you want the dough recipe or the type of flour/yeast I used, just PM me and I'll shoot you the details. It crisps nice on the bottom with a chewy interior with a really nice flavor. The flour wasn't cheap, but the results were better than I've ever had in the past.

Ron-O,
As a former skin man at Shakies, I can tell you how to get a round pizza. Roll it out flat larger than you need and then use a round cutter and cut it out like a cookie cutter. :thumb:

But you really shouldn't worry as you pies look great!

Shakies! Man, that brought back some memories!:becky:

It's 0207 central and I want pizza and a jar of jalapeños.

Very nice. Keep those pies asymmetric. You want round call the Hut or buy a Tombstone

Well thanks man. I'm okay with it because the results were great. My pizzas are not round, but that's on purpose. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

If you want the dough recipe or the type of flour/yeast I used, just PM me and I'll shoot you the details. It crisps nice on the bottom with a chewy interior with a really nice flavor. The flour wasn't cheap, but the results were better than I've ever had in the past.

Well, the whole New Haven CT style pizza that everyone seems to be raving about these days has that kinda oblong deformed shape as well, so just tell 'em you are doing new haven-style.

Back