Lights

Roaster

Knows what a fatty is.
going to have a party. we are going to have a 30 x 30 tent. Would like to have leghts on the tent. just bright enough to see but not over powering. where can i get these.

Roaster

MIght be hard to find locally at this time of year, but see if Christmas lights are available in the back of some store.

Otherwise check a local camping store or seach check Amazon, E-bay etc. for rope lighting

Rope lights work well. Outdoor safe too. I get them at Menards, which I doubt you have in your area. Lowes or Home Depot should have them.

i like the icicle lights.. use them in my tents all the time.

I use a mechanics...hand held flourescent light or 2 for my 10 X 10 easy up. Just another thought here.
Rope lights are way cool as well.

I too would go with rope lights. Easy to string, cheap, and they lend a festive aire.

Rope lights are sweet. They are easy to string and don't all tangled. I speak from mucho experience here. I cook with a guy who uses the rope and he has so much easier a time than I do. As a matter of fact, I am headed to Home Depot after work to finally get some.

Rope lights are sweet. They are easy to string and don't all tangled. I speak from mucho experience here. I cook with a guy who uses the rope and he has so much easier a time than I do. As a matter of fact, I am headed to Home Depot after work to finally get some.

What colors do you use?

I have actually borrowed white (clear) rope lights from DeeZ on several occasions. They provide just the right amount of light. I will also use a spot light and shine it straight up into the center top of my white tent and it gives off plenty of light for night time cooking.

Last edited:
Rope lights work well. Clear in color.
I am really surprised how cheap the are at Lowe's.
They are well made and for what you get a real deal. No heat issues like you get with "large bulb" traditional christmas tree lights. (been there, done that)
They get a little heavy over large spans so have plenty cable ties on hand.

In a perfect world, rope lights. Much easier to hang, pack away, and then put back up.

Back