• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reheat boston butts on a smoker

bbqbrad

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm cooking a bunch of butts for two different events, two weeks apart. I want to do one cook, and freeze the whole butts I need for the second event. I'd like to reheat the butts on my smoker. How should I reheat? Wrapped or not? Thinking of reheating at 250. How long to reheat? Thaw or not? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

I'm cooking a bunch of butts for two different events, two weeks apart. I want to do one cook, and freeze the whole butts I need for the second event. I'd like to reheat the butts on my smoker. How should I reheat? Wrapped or not? Thinking of reheating at 250. How long to reheat? Thaw or not? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

how are you going to safely cool the butts to freeze, you put that many hot butts in your freezer you will warm up your freezer.

I was thinking of putting each butt in a Ziploc bag and throwing on ice. Then put in freezer. Unless you have a good idea. Always looking for those!

You can wrap the butts in heavy plastic wrap and put them on the smoker no higher than 250. The plastic wrap does not melt. I had read this trick on here and it does work.

When I do butts in advance, I go ahead and bust them up into half pans. They start to cool down immediately and then I can fridge them overnight or freeze. Reheating already busted up meat is a breeze.

Back