Pork in the Park - Salisbury, MD - April 17-19

M

Mike - CSBBBQ

Received the below email and spoke with the Pork in the Park organizer (Sandy Fulton) today. They are extending the deadline. This is a very well run contest and is April 17-19, 2009. The link is also provided below. She has 70 teams and is hoping to have 100. She had 50 teams at the end of March last year and ended up with 80. Hope to see you there:-D

http://www.porkinthepark.org/

Well, just a little more than a month and it is Pork in the Park time. I have heard from many of you but there are some I havent. I know I set the 15th of March as the deadline but I should have set like April 10th. So if you are planning on coming and want to send the check later just let me know. Last year we were excepting application up until the day before. Let me know if you are planning on coming. See you all soon
Sandy Fulton
Tourism Manager
Wicomico County Convention & Visitors Bureau
P. O. Box 2333
Salisbury, Maryland 21802
www.wicomicotourism.org
410-548-4914
slfulton@comcast.net

We'll be there Mike, hope it's not too cold!

Smokey Bottom Boys - Bel Air Maryland will be there. Hope it's DRY!
Tim

The Virginia BBQ Pirates will be there. I'm already thinking about packing:p
We can't wait. Can't wait to see everyone - just hope its dry & not to cold!

Tom

widespread bbq will be there. Hope it's dry, hate getting stuck (Galvinells mod). How many more days? :biggrin:

Salisbury is the big kickoff to the season for a lot of us. Can't wait.
Yall stop by now!
Chris

Same here, it will be our first. We were waiting til May, but changes in work allowed us to start earlier. I really was dreading that trip!

Same here, it will be our first. We were waiting til May, but changes in work allowed us to start earlier. I really was dreading that trip!

Please, for the guys like me that will be doing our first later in year, let us know what you thought of the whole deal.

Andy and I will be there along with my daughter Allison. Picked up a brisket to age for Salisbury yesterday!

Brett

So for those who have competed in Salisbury, what is the weather usually like that weekend? Also I noticed the application said no alchohol in park, does that mean the rest of the park or cook sites and all?

I remember 3"-4'' of rain three years ago, but the last two years have been dry. Pretty cool at night but dry.

So for those who have competed in Salisbury, what is the weather usually like that weekend? Also I noticed the application said no alchohol in park, does that mean the rest of the park or cook sites and all?

As mentioned a couple of years ago I saw cats and dogs coming down from the sky:lol: Last year was great! They have a beer garden but have never given the teams any grief. They just request we don't flaunt. Come on and
enjoy:lol: It really is a decent venue and very well run. We will have plenty of tasty beverages should you run low:wink: If you make please stop by even if you are not running low8)

I guess I've officially caught the 2009 BBQ Bug. I was planning on skipping this event this year but I'm this close to sending in my app. Just checking the logistics .

Back