Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

This is what you should have gotten :

pow0.jpg

e3xv.jpg

Slicing up a brisket

krnx.jpg

vono.jpg

Thanks for stopping in, I showed my son (the Boy working, the Lady was on her second day.... still not an excuse) the review and pictures. The brisket, slaw, and PP are unacceptable and he knows it... soon as I showed him the pic he knew it. I have the reserved juices he's supposed to add to the meat to help keep it moist. Glad your up here. I'll be cooking at the comp as well. I'm sorry that went out the door it really shouldn't have.

Clint

Very glad to hear that a business is not only listening to their customers but acknowledging their faults and stating what they are doing to prevent it in the future. If i;m ever in fairbanks I know where i'm goin :)

It is definitely nice to see Clint take full responsibility of what you thought wasn't good food. I hope you are able to meet up with him and who knows maybe he will make it right and give you a brisket plate and pulled pork sammich the way it should be done at his shack!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
I'm brand new to this site, but I've read every post in this thread. What an awesome undertaking and it's fascinating to watch how you purchased the shack, moved it, and turned it into a BBQ stop. So good to see how hard work can make something amazing happen.

• Thanks
I'm brand new to this site, but I've read every post in this thread. What an awesome undertaking and it's fascinating to watch how you purchased the shack, moved it, and turned it into a BBQ stop. So good to see how hard work can make something amazing happen.

'Merica!

Thanks took a lot of elbow grease but its getting nicer every day. I keep reinvesting in equipment and supplies to make my life easier :)

Just read through this entire thread - wow what a ride.
This is excellent and looks like you are livin' the dream!
Bravo!

Yep I tell you its a great break from my "day" job I enjoy being there, I enjoy dealing with the people seeing them enjoy my Q. As much work as it is its worth it!

Clint

I gotta say, he earned a ton of respect for taking responsibility for some mediocre food that came from his shack, even though it sounds like it is a rare exception to his usual fare.

That's how to run a business. Good luck to you@ If I'm ever up that way, I'll be coming by to eat!

• Thanks
Good luck! (I might need to send you a banner to hang up)

You should I'd hang it an travel with it for comps. I have to say it again switching from Bovine Bold to your Hint of Huston has been a world of difference. Even my customers noticed the change and said it was for the better!!! Got to use it more see if the Judges agree.... I'm thinking they will.

I gotta say, he earned a ton of respect for taking responsibility for some mediocre food that came from his shack, even though it sounds like it is a rare exception to his usual fare.

That's how to run a business. Good luck to you@ If I'm ever up that way, I'll be coming by to eat!

Everything that goes out my window has my name on it. PERIOD bad or good, I perfer the good but when stuff goes out that shouldn't that is an opportunity to train staff to be better and a second chance to grab that customer. I have to make sure IF I every get the customer again I meet or better yet exceed expectations. I take pride in my food and want it to show.

Thanks and please stop in. As I've said before all brethren are welcome at my house and if there is anything I can do to help make your trip to Alaska better let me know :) Yes Brad even you lol

Clint

1,234,800 seconds and counting. Still need to gather up some things to bring up. Any new requests?

• Thanks
I bet he would like some sunlight from the months of November through April :caked:

Clint I think I came up with a menu item! Call it the Amazing Aawa. Chopped brisket sammich topped with onions, fried mac and cheese, and a dab of chili sauce.

• Thanks
I bet he would like some sunlight from the months of November through April :caked:

Well, I think they just got their first full sunset not too long ago after some 80 days of day.

Bump to find out how the summer has treated your bbq shack as well as to get answers about the menu item i made up!

• Thanks
Any updates? Nothing has been posted for a while and I was wondering how things are going since you last posted. I hope all is well and that business has been good.

• Thanks
Any updates? Nothing has been posted for a while and I was wondering how things are going since you last posted. I hope all is well and that business has been good.

IIRC there was an auto accident during their first snowfall there and Clint's girfriend was killed just recently. I can't find the thread.

Back