Thread: Covid-que 2020
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 10:27 AM   #13
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Kettle View Post
Covid-que 2020?

I looked it up on the KCBS website. Only Covid-que I see is called Covid-que Relief

So did they change the name or are people outraged over nothing?
Name was changed after the fact. Also a blurb on the site about "portions of the proceeds" benefiting was added after the fact. They even referenced they didn't mention adding this was a "benefit" in the beginning because they rushed to get applications up for teams so people could start signing up...........believe what you will.........

From the FB Page "Much of what was done on the website yesterday was done very quickly to get the registration up for teams to register."

Taking 2mins to add this was a benefit from the very beginning takes zero effort. So seems like they rotated quickly after the backlash of the presumed initial real intent of simply having a contest to have a contest

I wonder what "portions" means

https://covidque2020.godaddysites.com/
"COVID-19 Awareness
On behalf of all of us bringing this contest to you, please be aware that we are putting this contest on to raise awareness of and drive relief efforts for COVID-19 in the greater Franklin, IN community. Portions of the proceeds from our Covid-Que Relief contest will go to help support COVID-Relief efforts in our community. We would also encourage all involved in the event to bring donations of Canned Goods, Hand Sanitizer, Gloves, Masks and/or monetary donations to the Judges and Cooks meetings at the event. We will be collecting those and sharing within those on the front lines in our community. Thank you for your continued support. "

Thanks from:--->