In need of Prime Rib Rub Recipe

By weight

1 part salt
1 part course ground pepper
1/4 part granulated garlic powder
1/4 part lowery's season salt
1/2 part fresh finely chopped rosemary

Prime rib does not need a lot of fancy marinades or rubs IMO. The meat speaks for itself. A simple rub of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and maybe some thyme or oregano. I have added some dry mustard in the past as well. The recipe by aawa follows the same principle and looks good.

Prime rib does not need a lot of fancy marinades or rubs IMO. The meat speaks for itself. A simple rub of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and maybe some thyme or oregano. I have added some dry mustard in the past as well. The recipe by aawa follows the same principle and looks good.

I prefer simple rubs that really let the flavor of great cuts of meats come through. If I am shelling out some money for Prime Rib, i want the taste to be of high quality beef with the herbs/spices as the harmony as opposed to the opposite.

I normally use salt and ground black pepper with a little fresh rosemary. Last one I cooked was a 4 bone roast and I used Dizzy Pig's "Raising the Steaks" and it was great as well.

^^^ I just got a bag of that last week and was going to try it on a brisket. Maybe I'll throw some on a rib roast as well.

A bag of Oakridge BBQ's Black Ops. Best rub I've ever used on a rib roast. Premade and ready to use.

I agree. Until I tried Oakridge, my answer would have been just S&P, but I've become very fond of the Oakridge products, especially the Black Ops Brisket Rub or the Santa Maria Rub. You cant go wrong with either on beef!

Minimal on the rub but always insert many cloves of garlic !

Keep it simple such as salt and pepper (1 to 1 or 1 to .5) and your favorite herb - don't add too much more due to the quality of meat .... just stay away from those highly processed seasonings in a can such as McCormik's or the like. If you go with a pre-blend make sure the first ingredient isn't sodium and the next some type of preservative....GOOD LUCK!!

I like to use a little worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic,and Montreal steak seasoning. I usually season mine up 2-3 days ahead of time, wrap in plastic wrap, and massage it every now and then. I make it every year for a family reunion and everyone goes nutso for it, always a big hit.

KC

Back