8 Briskets!

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It was only my third time smoking brisketsand this time I did 8 of them ranging from 10-16#s. I smoked them each about 7 hours. I lovingly sprayed and wrapped each of them individually. I finished them all in a nice, toasty 255 degree oven almost over night. Some of them sliced perfectly. Others I passed off as "chopped brisket" because they fell apart when I tried to slice them. Everybody at church told me it was the best brisket they ever had. One lady followed me around all afternoon trying to get my rub recipe. Everyone was happy. Except me.

8 briskets. Look at the picture to see what I had left...

Attachments

• A_brisket_sammich.jpg
    A_brisket_sammich.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 319
Looks like lunch for one, Mista!

Grats though, bro. That's a good-sized load.

Don't you hate all that work and you don't get any of the good eats? On the other hand that is why we do what we do. Good looking leftover

No nibbles while you were slicing and chopping? :wink:

Looks good, Mista!

Nice work, Mista! Just console yourself that the adulation of the people you fed makes up for not getting more for yourself :wink:

Good job! :razz:

At least you had SOMETHING left for yourself!:wink:

Bigmista said:
It was only my third time smoking brisketsand this time I did 8 of them ranging from 10-16#s. I smoked them each about 7 hours. I lovingly sprayed and wrapped each of them individually. I finished them all in a nice, toasty 255 degree oven almost over night. Some of them sliced perfectly. Others I passed off as "chopped brisket" because they fell apart when I tried to slice them. Everybody at church told me it was the best brisket they ever had. One lady followed me around all afternoon trying to get my rub recipe. Everyone was happy. Except me.

8 briskets. Look at the picture to see what I had left...

Neil, I am LMAO. That picture says it all. After bashing with you, I know that you are a Q master cook and have the best rub and sauce recipes to boot. Which rub did you use, more is better or less is more?

Bigdog said:
Neil, I am LMAO. That picture says it all. After bashing with you, I know that you are a Q master cook and have the best rub and sauce recipes to boot. Which rub did you use, more is better or less is more?

I went with more is better. I'd never win a competition with my brisket because it has no real "bark" but I think for sheer taste and tenderness, it was pretty darn good.

Looks great, Mista.....wish I was part of your church congregation!

It does look good, Mista. You made a lot of people very happy, and you know you are the Grand Champion in their minds.:grin:

MrSmoker said:
Looks great Mista,what did you smoke them on?

I smoked them in batches of four. 3 on the chargriller and 1 on the bullet smoker.

I had never heard of a brisket until a few years ago... I grew up thinking the only thing you could smoke was a hog... I've tried brisket several times with different outcomes... mostly poor ... That meet looks pretty good... I'm new to this forum where do you discuss how to cook a brisket:?:

Bugger said:
I had never heard of a brisket until a few years ago... I grew up thinking the only thing you could smoke was a hog... I've tried brisket several times with different outcomes... mostly poor ... That meet looks pretty good... I'm new to this forum where do you discuss how to cook a brisket:?:

Welcome aboard!

Go to the post at the top of the page that's called ROADMAP, scroll down to the post about brisket. But first, go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Ty

Bugger said:
That meet looks pretty good... I'm new to this forum where do you discuss how to cook a brisket:?:

You have come to the right place. i don't think I ever heard of anybody being on this site since I have been here, who turned out 3 bad briskets. If you ask questions, read the forums, ask more questions, listen and take heed the advice given, and ask questions, your brisket will be close to perfect the first time out, they will only get better afterwards. Just ask the questions, read the roadmap, take what the brethren have to offer.

Go to CATTLE CALL and give your intro...We don't bite.......much

Bugger said:

Greetings , Bugger; You will learn a lot here. In addition to the roadmap, do a search on the forum for "brisket". There have been a couple of discussions recently that have not made their way to the roadmap yet.

Back