logo

MIM - Food Network

I'm watching 21 Sexiest Beach Bars on Travel channel. From the content, I'm not changing it for nuthin!

I just went through the next 4-5 days on my guide and there are a ridiculous amount of "bbq" episodes on....and like 1-2 shows that are actually bbq.

Tough group here. You don't have to agree with everything, just thought it is worth checking into the channel this week as it is BBQ week. Jeeezz, let you heart beat a little slower folk and enjoy a little bit!

God that channel is so bad now.
I swear, they give a show to anyone who's ever opened a fridge or cracked an egg.

Boy, I wish I couldn't learn something from those folk. Sorry I posted this thread. Someone interviewing teams from MIM is just chit here I guess. I am sure nothing covered is worth viewing in case you could pick up a pointer somewhere. I wish I was that good!!!

God that channel is so bad now.
I swear, they give a show to anyone who's ever opened a fridge or cracked an egg.

hey now, Alton Brown does a great show on that channel :biggrin:

and so does Giada, but I forget what the heck she's doing all the time :twisted:

Boy, I wish I couldn't learn something from those folk. Sorry I posted this thread. Someone interviewing teams from MIM is just chit here I guess. I am sure nothing covered is worth viewing in case you could pick up a pointer somewhere. I wish I was that good!!!

Hey man, I'm certain there's plenty to be learned there.
My comment was on the state of the channel in general. They seem to focus more on personalities than on techniques and teaching.
How else can you explain Mario Batali without a show and all these odd personalities everywhere?
Back to your point...I ain't that good, not in my wildest dreams; that's why I'm here.

Not a fan of Alton, hides too many nuts for the winter, but Giada...WWWOOOOWWW...oh an an excellent chef she is!!!

I just went through the next 4-5 days on my guide and there are a ridiculous amount of "bbq" episodes on....and like 1-2 shows that are actually bbq.

This week is "Grill Week." Next week will be more of the Neely's cooking shrimp and the king of BBQ (Bobby Flay) braising butt for a pulled pork showdown.

dmp

The only reason I posted was that this is grilling week. Always looking for ideas from the professional folk. I like some of the hosts better than others but this week is about grilling. Always interested in learning something. I am personally happy to see a full week of grilling on ANY channel.

The only reason I posted was that this is grilling week. Always looking for ideas from the professional folk. I like some of the hosts better than others but this week is about grilling. Always interested in learning something. I am personally happy to see a full week of grilling on ANY channel.

The only reason I posted in this thread was to tell you to clean your farking PM box so I can send you a message, Meat Burner

I love the Food Network. I am also a huge Flay fan, mostly for his flavor profiles he comes up with.

And for those new to this cable thing, Mario used to have a show. He now is to busy with Iro Chef and his other business ventures.

I think there is always a technique to learn so I watch this channel all the time.

I too love the food network.....but I HATE Paula "Butter Body" Dean and the Neelys.
I know a lot of people like them but they drive me nuts. Bobby Flay rules. I wish they would give Michael Symon a regular show. Just my 2cents

I too love the food network.....but I HATE Paula "Butter Body" Dean and the Neelys.
I know a lot of people like them but they drive me nuts. Bobby Flay rules. I wish they would give Michael Symon a regular show. Just my 2cents

I love Paula...I want to cook with her but I despise the Neelys...although their pank breaded deep fried deviled eggs looked delicious.

I also want to stab myself in the nether regions while watching or listening to Rachael Ray.

Back