Ribeye Night.. (1st pron)

Bacon

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Still warming up to my Weber and tonight was my first steak on it. I cooked it a little longer than I wanted to, but it still was really good.

PICT0019-2.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0074.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

Slide show

only one way to fix an overcooked steak, cook another one :)

Was gonna smoke ribs today, think putting off till tomorrow....either 1 5/8" thick ribeye or a nice piece skirt steak.....But Bloody

I agree... A little more done than I like, but it still looks great. I'm assuming that you're cooking on a Weber Kettle. When I cook steaks on my kettle I build the fire on one side of the grill and get it as hot as I can. then I sear the steaks over the fire for two minutes on a side and then move them to the other side of the grill to finish. medium rare for a one inch steak is about 6 minutes on a side after the sear, but it depends on the steak and how hot it is on the indirect side.

Great looking steak bacon! Ribeyes are my favorite.:smile:

Great looking steaks those are done just right for me. Too bad you are not closer I would have helped you out with one (LOL).

Ya did good bro...I like that garlic, evoo, lemon pepper marinade you did! :p

Thanks to all that responded to my first shoot :)

I agree... A little more done than I like, but it still looks great. I'm assuming that you're cooking on a Weber Kettle. When I cook steaks on my kettle I build the fire on one side of the grill and get it as hot as I can. then I sear the steaks over the fire for two minutes on a side and then move them to the other side of the grill to finish. medium rare for a one inch steak is about 6 minutes on a side after the sear, but it depends on the steak and how hot it is on the indirect side.

Yeah, its a kettle. I moved both coal holders to the center and filled them both. Cooked directly over. I'll have try the one side method. Sear and then Indirect. So should I use both holders on one side or just one?

Ya did good bro...I like that garlic, evoo, lemon pepper marinade you did! :p

Its what I grew up on. I like it a lot. I was going to do the montreal seasoning but went with tradition instead. :biggrin:

Back