Woodhouse Pasta

Cracklin Jeorge

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This recipe was original born out of the need for a quick fast meal that used up whatever was left in the log cabin's fridge. It has since become a favorite in the Pineywoods of Kentucky as well as here in the city. Tonight variation is as follows.

INGREDIENTS:
3 Chicken Breast Tenders (cut into chunks)
1 Italian Sausage (sliced)
1/4 Cup Sweet Snap Peas
1 Medium sized Shallot (Minced)
2 TBS Minced Garlic
2 TBS Olive Oil
2 TBS Butter
1/4 Cup shredded Italian Cheese (Moz, Asaiago, & Prov)
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1 Serving of Angel Hair Pasta

DIRECTIONS:
Heat the Olive Oil in a cast Iron Skillet. Brown meat until lightly brown then add garlic, and shallots. When the shallots are just becoming translucent add in the peas and butter. Continue cooking until the peas are bright green and tender. Remove from heat.

Spoon contents over Angel Hair Pasta (including the oils and drippings in the pan) and top with red pepper and shredded cheese. Enjoy!

The cook time on this is less than 15 minutes and can be done with just about any type of meat you like.

Cook1.jpg

Cook2.jpg

Plated.jpg

Thanks Millsy.

Did you ever try that Peanut Butter Pie Recipe? I was wondering about that the other day and curious what you thought of it. It's not for everybody, as it can be very sweet.

I'm getting closer. I have a photog friend coming over to trade lighting tips for dinner.

man i like that!!! kinda like hillbilly meets asian fusion thing....gonna copy and keep that recipe!

man i like that!!! kinda like hillbilly meets asian fusion thing....gonna copy and keep that recipe!

Thanks Boatnut. Next time I clean out the fridge I might try that with a little fresh ginger and skip the cheese.

Great recipe! I wonder what the addition of a couple teaspoons of lemon juice would do?

Great recipe! I wonder what the addition of a couple teaspoons of lemon juice would do?

Hmm. I just ate enough pasta for 2 people and the thought of an asian twist and lemon juice are making me want to go make more!:idea:

Oh, and then toss in a couple hands full shrimp and some zest from the lemon...

Looks really good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.:cool:

Oh yeah!!!
I'd hit that numerous times!
Nice photography!

Back