Ribs on a kettle...

rehless

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Doing a rack of ribs, cut in two on the Kingsford kettle. Slathered with mustard and then some rub. Never tried the mustard thing. If they turn out half way decent, I'll post a pic. Learning a lot here. Getting a Weber 22.5 OTG when I return from Mexico in February.

I always do mustard. You'll be all right. Post it up later.

As long as you make sure the ribs pass the bend test you will be ok!

The mustard doesn't impart a lot of flavor. What it does do is allow for a heavier coating of rub since it forms peaks and valleys for more surface area. If you have a salty rub becareful with putting too much rub.

Post pictures regardless of how they turn out. We enjoy the pron and we can help with any issues you might of come across and the pictures will give us a nice visual of what you experienced.

Try a marinade of mustard and orange juice. Refrigerate overnight, wipe excess marinade off with your hand, then add your favorite rub.
As others have said, you won't notice the marinade....

I do ribs on my Weber kettle all the time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 121
Using the bend test on half a rack doesn't work for me. In that case I use a toothpick to probe for tender.

ive tried the mustard thing, and maybe i just went overboard but i ended up with a gross cakey rub mess. I just pour a little cola over the ribs and then apply my rub. I generally foil with some soda as well (if i foil).

Back