View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Casten View Post
We’re having a little debate over the brisket box in the other thread. So to clarify, if we wanted to make a brisket box that included slices and some burnt ends. In a KCBS contest, can you separate a piece of meat and continue cooking half of it.

When we ‘create” our burnt ends, we will cube or chunk the point then season/sauce and place back on the smoker.

So in order to cook everything as we normally do. We would separate the flat and point when it was done. Then throw the burnt ends back on the smoker for awhile.

Can we do that and place in one box? I didnt think you could do that in a contest.
(Did I explain my question correctly?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paydabill View Post
The only thing you are not allowed to seperate is a pork butt - briskett you can cut anyway you want. A lot of people seperate point and flat in the middle of the cook.
Paydabill is correct. According to the rules:

PORK: Pork is defined as Boston Butt, Picnic and/or Whole
Shoulder, weighing a minimum of five (5) pounds. Pork
shall be cooked (bone in or bone out) and shall not be parted.
BEEF BRISKET: May be whole brisket, flat, or point.
Corned beef is not allowed.

It's only the Pork that cannot be split or parted...

I split my brisket before it even hits the cooker....
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote