Guru question

TheBill

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I did my first whole hog. Turned out great after 13 hours.

The last few hours I had to set the guru to 350 just to keep the fire at 250 (where it had been set all night long).

I didn't know why this was, but yesterday I put some meat on, setup the guru and the same thing happened...had to set it to 350 just to get 250 actual temp.

HOWEVER, after an hour or so, the guru "fixed itself" and the fire was actually 350. So I set it to 250 and the fire mellowed out at 250.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is my pit probe bad or is their some sort of reset I need to preform?

Oh, we tried the bacon wrapped onions, a bit of a pain to prep, but awesome.

A few weeks ago I did my first whole hog. Turned out great after 13 hours.

The last few hours I had to set the guru to 350 just to keep the fire at 250 (where it had been set all night long).

I didn't know why this was, but yesterday I put some meat on, setup the guru and the same thing happened...had to set it to 350 just to get 250 actual temp.

HOWEVER, after an hour or so, the guru "fixed itself" and the fire was actually 350. So I set it to 250 and the fire mellowed out at 250.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is my pit probe bad or is their some sort of reset I need to preform?

Every now and again you may need to calibrate it. Very simple and should have the instructions on gurus site.

Back