• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Is this too much? CL Weber

I'd offer $25 tops. Anymore walk away and wait for the next CL add.

I got a brand new knockoff 22.5 kettle from Sears for $40. I was able to use the lid, cooking grate, and charcoal grate for the basket. If you want the Weber brand, go for it. If you want something that is new, go with the cheaper option.

Lowes or Home Depot carries a knockoff 22.5 kettle (Masterforge?) that comes with a hinged lid, which seems popular for drums. If you are handy, that would be a good option. It is also in the $40 range, I believe.

Too much, unless there are accessories. Unopened charcoal, chimney, lighters etc etc. Never hurts to shoot a text/email and inquiring. Good luck.

It seems a little high, but a lot depends on the market by you. Those come up frequently in the Chicago area for less but it's a bigger market.

And whether you want to get something now or can wait for a better deal.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I got it for $30 and its only a year old and in great shape. Dude was moving and couldnt take it with him apparently. The lid almost fits on my drum; gonna have to stretch it a tad and/or hit up the mother UDS thread to see what everyone else did. I have 2 regular drums but excited to make one with a dome lid.

I attached a band of stainless steel (2") inside leaving 1/2" above the top for the lid to sit on.

I got it for $30 and its only a year old and in great shape.

It is definitely more than a year old (the handles are the older style- you can check the stamp on the vent and get the year it was made), but it is in great condition and 30$ is not bad by any means.

YEAH.......you done good.............now get building...........:grin:

Exactly what I was planning on doing. Where did you find the SS band? TIA

I got a two inch by 6 foot band of aluminum at home depot to make my lid fit. It was only $8 or so. I did not see stainless, but the aluminum was easier to manipulate than stainless would be. I attached it using the screws for the upper rack.

Back