Royal, WTH is that, Oak? (pics)

smooookin

is Blowin Smoke!
I found this in two bags of RO! One chunk that I tossed the other day was the size a kids fist. BTW the arm of that chair is 8 inches wide, so you can tell the size of the "Royal stuff". I thought at first the kids had been messing with my offset but it has been covered. I found these pieces in my offset and in mt Hastybake and the kids know they could lose a limb for messing with daddy's stuff.

Later this evening I will be sending an email to RO if I can figure out where to send it.

royalwha2t.jpg

if you don't have "rocks" like that around yer place then it could be from the ro bag. i have heard of it but i havn't found any myself.

No they arent rocks from around here. Both cookers are covered and my kids aren't smart enough to replace the cover after putting in rocks. Hell they dont even see dirty clothes in the floor.

My understanding is that the product is stored on huge concrete pads and scooped up with Front end loaders inside huge buildings.
From time to time their gonna scoop up some broken concrete that makes it past QC. :cool:

My understanding is that the product is stored on huge concrete pads and scooped up with Front end loaders inside huge buildings.
From time to time their gonna scoop up some broken concrete that makes it past QC. :cool:

I kinda figured that was the situation. Sounds like someone needs to repair some concrete.

Be thankful it wasn't carbonized plastic or plywood like I have seen in some charcoal bags.

I found some too the other day in my UDS basket after I let it burn all the way down to nothing... It was like chunks of clay with rocks in it... Looks very similar to what you have there in the pictures... Red Bag Lump?

I found some too the other day in my UDS basket after I let it burn all the way down to nothing... It was like chunks of clay with rocks in it... Looks very similar to what you have there in the pictures... Red Bag Lump?

yep. There were a couple of bigger chunks that I tossed out yesterday from my offset. Tonight I had them in two cookers. I do have to say this is the first time it has happened.

Weird...I wonder if they were added to make weight by some lazy arse at RO? I've had pretty good luck so far with all my RO lump...

i have had that lots of times.. look like lumps of fired clay.

from what I read, the lump is made in bug burn pits where they dump in the wood, ignite it, and then snuff out the fire. The rocks could be lumps of clay that got fired during the burn, similar to soft clay being fired off in a kiln.. or just stuff picked up with the wood prior to, or found after the burn.

I guess I've been lucky, none so far in my RO Green....

I did have a problem with Nature Glo when I started to find brick sized rocks... (that's the reason I have RO Green)

Royal Oak has become my favorite. I'm on my 2nd bag with no problems so far. I haven't used much lump because all the ones I find spark too much but this one seems to not spark near as much. I'll keep an eye out now just in case. Too bad you can't find it once summer starts here. Seems wal mart doesn't reorder often just at the start of spring.

I'll take rocks or clay over the double handfull of fiberglass insulation I found in a bag. The BBQ Gods were looking over my shoulder and I saw it just as it dropped out of the bag into the chute of my Stump.
I use Cowboy most of the time now.. RO only when I have to.

Back