• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Saturday Basketball Watching Ribs

jlvhawk3

Reaction score
Decided to make some baby-backs to chow on while watching basketball tonight. Used Big Poppa Money rub and smoked at 275-290 for just a bit under 2 hours. Here they are before some brown sugar, Parkay and honey and wrapping. This is actually my first time making ribs on the smoker, so hopefully they turn out alright!

0322141639a.jpg

Looking great so far. How long you planning to wrap? Be careful unless you prefer fall off the bone ribs.

Looking good. Mine are just bones at this point. You've got some great color going.

Looks like they are well on their way to being great!

Oops! I got in such a hurry to get them done and eat them Saturday that I forgot to post the final product! Wrapped and went back on for a little over an hour. They seemed to be passing the bend test so I brought them in, sauced and threw back on for 15 or 20 minutes. Ended up being some of the best ribs I've ever had! I only managed to remember to take one picture before they were gone, and I couldn't be bothered to take a very good one with the messy hands I had! :laugh: Doesn't really show the nice deep smoke ring very well...but it was there and they were TASTY!

0322141936b.jpg

I will definitely be making these again!

Looking great so far. How long you planning to wrap? Be careful unless you prefer fall off the bone ribs.

One rack was a little thinner/less meaty and it was definitely fall off the bone. Some of those partaking preferred their ribs this way though, so that worked out perfectly. The 2nd rack turned out perfect to my liking, very tender, but just a bit of bite/resistance left on the bone.

They look great and nothing wrong with ribs either way. I have been known to pull the bones out of a couple and slice it just the perfect size to make rib burgers.

Those were some nice lookin ribs. I havn't done ribs for a little while. Thanks for the bump.

Back