• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Zoo-B-Que & Big Pig Gig

P

Papa Hogg

The Zoo-B-Que & the Big Pig Gig in WI have been scheduled the same weekend 9/19 & 20. The B.P.G has a bigger purse & about twice the amount of teams (30 vs. 60) competing (G.C. wins $6000 & they payout to 8th place in all categories) Z-B-Q paid I believe $3000.

I've recently been in contact with Marsha should I contact her to see about changing weekend to the following weekend? She told me that was their second choice when I spoke with her. I really want to compete in the Z-B-Q again this year, it's about 2 miles from my house & in a great setting. However more money at the B.P.G. has me interested & it is only about 30 miles from my home. I wanted to compete in both....:mad:

Thoughts & if any of the teams that competed in both last year want to chime in...

I've already contacted both of the organizers... If nothing else, do the contests as a Ironman, where we can do 2 different contests the same weekend...

Because of the size of the purse at Menomonee, it would kill Racine if they went head-to-head. IMHO at least...

Scottie

I really wish that Zoo-B-Q didn't change the dates from July (2 years ago). We really wanted to do this, but coming from KC with 2 young girls in school is hard. My parents live in Kenosha so it would have been a 2 for 1 thing.

the first year, in July, it was really hot. So they wanted to try and get away from the heat... But, I wish it was July as well.

A comp cook, Dr. Porkenstein, will be opening his new BBQ place in Kenosha this weekend. I'm going to go up this weekend and visit with Alex and Kate to see their new place. It's called The Barbeque Factory.

Scottie

:cool:
the first year, in July, it was really hot. So they wanted to try and get away from the heat... But, I wish it was July as well.

A comp cook, Dr. Porkenstein, will be opening his new BBQ place in Kenosha this weekend. I'm going to go up this weekend and visit with Alex and Kate to see their new place. It's called The Barbeque Factory.

Scottie

That's great to hear!!
Does that mean less comp's for them this year??

Scottie

Thanks for the info...I will let my dad know.

Scottie

So the reasturant is opening in July?

I really wish that Zoo-B-Q didn't change the dates from July (2 years ago). We really wanted to do this, but coming from KC with 2 young girls in school is hard. My parents live in Kenosha so it would have been a 2 for 1 thing.

same here..too many people whined it was too hot though..i thought it was perfect weather :)

i agree that Sept is just too late in the year

The Barbeque Factory will be opening this Saturday, Febraury 2nd. It will be at 1200 Birch Road Kenosha Wisconsin.

Yeah Bill. It was your weather. 98 and sticky hot... Probably why you guys did so well... ;-)

I'm not sure if Alex will be there this Saturday for the Grand Opening.... He has a rib class!!! lol

I'm heading up on Sunday and hang out and get some food for the Super Bowl...

Scottie

and you have the balls to call me a sissy??? :-D

Being from KC, we are used to doing comps in all different temps/weather. We or should I say Andy will do them in 4* & snowy/icy (I don't do this cold with 2 young girls, talk about going crazy!) up to 105* with heat index of 115*.:eek:

Yeah Bill. It was your weather. 98 and sticky hot... Probably why you guys did so well... ;-)

yep we always do well in the heat!...also have to drive the trailer around the site a few times too figuring out how to back it up :p

As I recall that year. You guys had a drive through site... I'm not even sure if you even un-hooked the trailer...

It was so hot that year, it was raining in my RV when I had the AC on... then I found out I had a bad seal... lol

Just got this e-mail from Marsha at the Zoo-B-Que: :biggrin:

Hi--
Never fear...Big Pig Gig is actually the week before ours, so you all can do both! They agreed to move earlier when the clonflict arose. (See their website for details.) We changed ours for them last year. We need to get KCBS to update the Bull Sheet!

I'm hoping all of you come back. You are a great bunch of competitors!!!! We're working to make '08 even better than the two previous contests.

Marsha

That would make it the same weekend as Silver Lake Mi :sad:...Oh well

Yeah, they aren't doing very good with the planning. As Sparta, WI is also that weekend and so Is Salem, IL... So there will be 4 contests that they are trying to draw the Upper Midwest teams too. Which contest will suffer? there are just so many teams in the Upper Midwest for these 4 contests...

Back