Brisket injection Question

RX2006JE

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have used a brisket injection that has melted bacon fat in it and it has worked out well, but i have to strain it 4 to 5 times to get it to go through that injector. By the way i usually make up the injection before hand and it is warmed to get all the ingredients to dissolve in the liquid. My question would be would it be harmful to inject the brisket with the warmed injection and then put back on ice so that the injection would have the most bacon fat in it instead of seemingly straining it mostly out of the injection to inject cold.

This idea rings more servsafe bells than most. I'm not sure you understand the ramifications of using rendered fat, much less heated rendered fat product as an injection. I know that if I were judging a contest, I would not want to sample a product that had been injected this way. I've got a good healthy immune system but!:pray:

I agree with smoke'n ice, but if you still are wanting to use your injection method, my policy has always been research,research,research. then you would know if your injection method is safe. best of luck, barbeque nut

There is nothing wrong with using the fat it's not going to hurt anyone cold or hot and I am serve safe certified but my question is why would you want to inject fat into your brisket. You are not gaining anything by doing that. If you want to worry about something worry about the chicken everyone is turning in that is cross contamination at its best and the under cooked chicken people turn in. Chicken should not even be in the contest a health inspector would shut probably half the teams down. Happy smoking!

Thanks for the replies had used the bacon fat in the past and was trying to add something to help keep the brisket more moist and to be clear I used minors bacon base not fat rendered from some bacon that I cooked. Haven't been doing the bacon base lately but just wondering thanks for the replies will stick to what I have been doing

4a8emysu.jpg

I bought one of these and cleaned it out really well. My plan is to inject rendered beef fat into a brisket with it. I have not yet had an opportunity to try it yet, but I will let you know how it works when I do.

Instead of olive oil i use bacon grease as a binder for my rub.it is also in my injection.has worked ok for me. I usually fry the bacon at home before the comp and put in a mason jar.i inject at room temp.

Back