View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #43
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

I managed to squeeze a 10 hour drive into 12 hours! Made it home about 10 pm Sunday night - I love driving down the mountain in a storm. :D

Great little cookoff they have in Dillard! Beautiful location, yada yada! Really! :D They do need to work on the water issue - there were a lot of really cheeses teams at 2 pm Saturday afternoon with NO WATER for cleanup. Anyway, they promised to work on it.

Entries turned out good - taste, tenderness, etc. The ribs were, as is usual for us, a bit on the "done" side. They zippered off the bone instead of "bite" but the taste was good and texture was fine - just not what we needed on Saturday afternoon. Basically, the ribs fell off the face of the earth!

We had some issues with the chicken but are content with 8th - a check would have been nice! :D But walking with the regional and national talent at this event was very nice.

Brisket and pork were disappointing from a results standpoint. We'll tweak but not so much with seasoning, etc. but with timing and the presentation.

Next up is indeed Key Largo, FL, in November. Since the "big boys" will be in Douglas, GA, and Jacksonville, FL, we just might be able to sneak in higher placement!

Thanks to Tim, of course, for partnering with me. Jimmy - I don't know what to say - I understand the frustration of driving all those hours for diddly-squat. Hang tough and focus on the next event! :D

Noah, it was nice to meet you and Miss Kay! Too bad duty called - we had plenty of meat for you to taste!

Congrats to Kevin for 3rd overall, and to Byron for Grand, Myron managed to squeak into Reserve! :D Lot's of talent - I'd like to try this one again.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote