Just wanted to tell all of y'all "Thanks".

Bamabuzzard

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Good morning guys and gals,

I just wanted to let all of the brethren know what a wonderful site this is and the eduation and online "fellowship" here is unmatched anywhere. Not to get too sappy and mushy but since my grandfather died several years ago this site has really filled the space left that I used to talk to him about bbq and any questions I had. He was the one that got me into Q'n and that was "our thing" we did together that was different from ALL the other grandkids. We'd bbq, go make bets on college and pro football games, come back and watch the games while Q'n. During this time he'd teach me all of his "secrets" and tricks of the trade. Good times but ended too soon.

Anyway, this site is invaluable and provides more than just "information" but a since of community and fellowship. Which is therapy in itself. And lord knows I need "therapy" from time to time! :clap2: :heh:

Thank you ole seasoned Q'ers who freely offer your advice, experience and knowledge to those who are still learning. It is greatly appreciated. :thumb:

It takes all kinds to make a community and we all make one hell of a fine community

Great post Bamabuzzard. :thumb:

As a woman smoker, I am sometime brushed to the side when it comes to sharing my love of smoking online.

The Brethren have welcomed me with open arms. The members here are just amazing...one hell of a fine group of friends. :cool:

Just goes to prove never take your loved ones for granted. EVER! They are always gone way to soon. Hard to believe something as simple as bbq can bring people close but the proof was in your words. Great write up about your gramps wish I had known mine. And Cowgirl u will never be taken for granted u are one of the best chefs and I mean chefs on this site.

Bamabuzzard, you hit the nail on the head. I am still a newbie by most standards, but with the help of you guys (and ladies) I've learned far more in the last two years about Q than my very short life before that :)

Great post. Makes newbies like me know this is a GOOD place to be.

Back