View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

From my point of view, the easiest thing to control is the setup, that means, really consider your movements, your cold preparation and workstations. Once those are figured, the hardest part of any event is the 'middle of the cook', when the orders are going hot and heavy. I would minimize pre-cooking early, throw the entire grill surface at the problem around 10 minutes before service. Fill 3/4 of your grill with burgers, and 1/4 with dogs, do that in an orderly fashion. It is amazing how many hot dogs you can heat and grill if you do it in an organized fashion.

I like to do one layer, neatly in a row, with enough room to roll them one full rotation. You should be able to get at least two rows going. Also, if you can get the wieners in a steam pot, so they are already fully hot and you are just coloring them on the grill, that is more space for the burgers.

Assuming you have good heat, I would venture a typical commercial sized patty takes no more than 10 minutes to cook, if you give each patty a squeeze in the middle, that aids in cook time. If you have the grill full to start, you should be rolling enough to keep up.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote