Easy and Delicious Hot & Fast Brisket - NO MEAT THERMOMETER NEEDED

I used a similar method found in Myron Mixon's latest cook book.

I have GOT to get a copy of that. The only real book store in my town went out of business (Borders) and the last time I saw Myron at a comp he had sold out. So, I guess I will have to check out Amazon for it.

Drool.gif

Because I wrap it in a blanket at the end of the cook and don't want the juices to spill on the blanket.

Oh man, a blanket soaked in brisket juices....I'd never get outta bed!! :becky:

That's a fine lookin' piece of beef. I've become a BIG fan of hot n fast cooks....

That brisket looks really good, Joe. But I don't understand. If a brisket can be cooked hot and fast, and turn out this good, what's the advantage of cooking it low and slow for a really long cook? Why would folks still do it that way? :confused:

That brisket looks really good, Joe. But I don't understand. If a brisket can be cooked hot and fast, and turn out this good, what's the advantage of cooking it low and slow for a really long cook? Why would folks still do it that way? :confused:

More time so sit around smelling smoke and drinking beer... :thumb:

I don't know. Some people like doing the long cooks, I guess.

I believe I put it right on the grate with direct heat. You can use a sweet BBQ sauce, a rub with sugar in it, or the glaze. Either one will work fine.

Now wait just a cotton-pickin minute.......you CAN'T cook a brisket in 4.5 hours!

:tsk::crazy:

:roll::heh::wink:

Looks good Joe! Looks REAL good. Don't know how I missed this the first go round....:confused:

So I'm using this method today, in the resting in the cooler period at this point, took 5 hours on my keg to probe like butter. Thermapen was showing 211d....lovin this!

So I'm using this method today, in the resting in the cooler period at this point, took 5 hours on my keg to probe like butter. Thermapen was showing 211d....lovin this!

Sounds great! Got any pron?

Rested and foiled for 2 hours in a cooler between newspaper with a towel to cover. I've sliced the flat, had a nice ring from the mesquite I used. Had that pull and give texture, awesome. I chopped up the point and the fat had melted in a lovely beefy goo, im sure partly due to that beef consomme injection, way better than broth for sure.I'm sold,this is how i make a brisket from now on.
Thanks Bo!:thumb:

Back