View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
The FEC is out of my budget at least right now. I could probably go $1000
I understand and I wasn't suggesting that you neede to spend that much. I think you should be able to get the flavor that you want out of the Country Smoker.

BTW, I have a Cookshack Smokette (their small, electric smoker) and it is very easy to over smoke in the Cookshack. It is hard to get a smoke ring, however, since the wood is smoldering, not really burning. It can be done, but it takes some trickery like adding a piece of charcoal to the wood box. The Cookshack does a nice job, and is great in cold weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embo500 View Post
How long, overall, did you cook your brisket? I ask because when I do brisket, it usually takes at least 12 hours at 250º to get it to 195º internal, and I can't imagine brisket being even close to edible after only 5 hours at 210º.
Good catch. That slipped right by me. Don't go by time or temp alone with any meat. For brisket I use 1 hour per pound as a guideline but watch the internal temp and the feel of the probe as it slides into the meat. Each brisket is different. When it is done the probe will slide in like it is going into butter.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote