Anyone have any experience with Embers Charcoal from HD?

DeepElemCue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Says it "lights quicker" than most others. Not necessarily what one would want in a slow and low cook. Any brethren try it?

I have used it a couple times , its not bad for the price. I will continue to buy it for grilling burgers and steaks but I will stick to what i Know for my low n slow cooks.

I find Embers Charcoal to be great for grilling steaks and burgers. Low and slow may require something different, but only because with most charcoal briquettes (other than say Kingsford Competition Grade), low and slow requires constant maintenance.

It seems that Royal Oak is relaunching the brand, and you can purchase it at Home Depot.

I find Embers Charcoal to be great for grilling steaks and burgers. Low and slow may require something different, but only because with most charcoal briquettes (other than say Kingsford Competition Grade), low and slow requires constant maintenance.

It seems that Royal Oak is relaunching the brand, and you can purchase it at Home Depot.

Not trying to be rude but what's your point with digging up 3 old threads about this particular charcoal brand and commenting on it? Is there a motive behind this or are you just extremely happy about this product?

Back