View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #10559
ITBFQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default my uds

No pics, it didn't happen. So, here is a pic of my uds. I need to wait until it is warmer outside to give it a coat of paint... (30 degrees here today) or I might just leave it as is. I gave it just one grate 24 inches above the charcoal basket. I'll wait until I can find a donor Weber lid on CL to add the upper grate. Thanks to everyone for their input on this thread - KISS was my motto for the day. The drum I bought had the maroon liner in it, and if/when I build another, I will spend the extra $30 on one without a liner - that was a farkin' pain to get rid of. But the lid is tighter than the lock on Johnny Trigg's secret recipe box. I bought some 3/4" disk magnets to cover the 1/2" holes on the lid for when I want to shut it down. I also added a 3/4" NM/SE Cable water tight connector to run my meat thermo probe wire through. Other than that, I won't be messing with the tried and true parts of the UDS, just maybe adding a bottle opener, a table, and a metal piece to keep the meat thermo on. I also have an idea to paint the piece of wood with chalkboard paint (leftover from another project) to keep track of times for the meats. But, right now I have the basic UDS, and that's all I wanted! I'll be competing on this drum this year, too. Wish me luck! Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my uds.jpg (23.8 KB, 737 views)

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hatfield-and-McCoy-Barbecue/765488903565575"]Hatfield and McCoy Barbecue[/URL] - Co-Pitmaster
Illinois This Butt's for 'Que - Pitmaster

KCBS CBJ; 18.5" WSM; [COLOR="Sienna"]U[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]D[/COLOR][COLOR="Sienna"]S[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Red"]Thermapen Mk4[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Blue"]DigiQ DX2[/COLOR]; [COLOR="DarkOrange"]IQ120[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Gray"]CharBroil Gasser (wind victim after 11 years)[/COLOR]; Maverick; OTS x2; etc.

[URL="http://bbqbeat.com/hatfield-and-mccoy-bbq-team/"]We're (kinda) famous![/URL]
ITBFQ is offline   Reply With Quote