BBQ Brethren "Sandwich" Throwdown!!!

Official throw down entry

One of the family’s favorite meals is Monte Cristo sandwiches, and I had never made it on the grill so I said what the heck.

If you have never had one, it’s a turkey, ham and swiss sandwich dipped in an egg wash and fried, dusted with powdered sugar and served with raspberry jam on the side. I made this one with smoked turkey, ham, swiss and bread from the super market deli.

The turkey breast preparation. The brine is honey apple brine from the Weber Virtual Bullet website (I think I actually got the link to it from somewhere on here). It is apple juice, honey, salt & brown sugar.

main.php

The bird in it’s overnight bath

main.php

Threw it on the mini WSM, used Kingsford blue with 3 cherry chunks.

main.php

Smoked for 4 hours at 230-250, pulled it out and rested for 1 hour.

main.php

Sliced breast with all of the other ingredients

main.php

Sandwiches are built with mayo on one side, mustard on the other, then dipped in a egg wash and put on the grill.

main.php

I wanted to get a picture of them on the grill, but I had inadvertently made the 2 zone fire hot and somewhere near the temperature of the sun, so I was trying to keep everything from burning and didn’t get to take any. Maybe next time.

And the finished plate, served with a fruit medley, portobellos and some greens.

Please use this picture for voting

main.php

That is all

That looks really good. I've never had a Monte Cristo but now I'm going to make it a point. That smoked turkey looked like a golden Adonis, almost too beautiful to cut. Almost.

Great Entry seadad9903! Super pic's too!

Thank you. I had a finished pic I liked better, but the sandwich was out of focus :mmph:

That looks really good. I've never had a Monte Cristo but now I'm going to make it a point. That smoked turkey looked like a golden Adonis, almost too beautiful to cut. Almost.

Thank you. That's the second turkey I cooked in my mini WSM, and couldn't have been easier. I ended up leaving the house for a couple of hours after I put it on and it only dropped a few degrees by the time I got back :clap2:

I'm probably going to make one a week, it disappears pretty quickly around here.

Yep Seadad, that sandwich looks so dang good, but DANG! That smoked turkey is just a sight to behold. Nice smoking there friend!

I have a question for the crew. Would it be acceptable for me to enter my sandwich from the Noobs TD in this one as well? Should I just link to that post with one photo here?

Matt, you should repost the whole thing here, in case any voters miss it from the noob thread. I think you might just win two TDs with that entry.

Thanks Enkidu, that's really nice to hear.

Mods, what should I do? Repost the whole thing or does the link above suffice?

Geez, look at me all wet behind the ears. Lol, I feel like a FNG for sure.

That is clearly a chicken sandwich. I would never enter a burger into the sandwich TD, that would just be crazy.

Thanks fingerlickin...... I take offense to that statement. :boxing:

No you're good, yours was stuffed so I think that makes it a beef sandwich, not to mentions the obvious. It was served on SANDWICH thins. :-D

[/quote]No you're good, yours was stuffed so I think that makes it a beef sandwich, not to mentions the obvious. It was served on SANDWICH thins. :-D[/quote]
Its all good. Just bustin ur balls. If it made me mad i would just drive down and kick ur butt. Only a two hour drive from me.

Here' my entry into the Sandwich Throwdown. I call it "DOH Fibrillator"
Smoked poilsh, bacon, burger, chedder and peeper jack cheese, on a buttah toasted bun with ketchup and Uncle Phil's Polish mustard. Some onion, pickles and hot sport peppers. Oh, is this good. :icon_smile_tongue: Some before and the last pic is my entry............

Jesus! THAT LOOKS FREAKING GREAT!!!!

Lytnin, I like entry two better, only because the presentation looks better. Maybe on the other put the egg on the other piece of bread so you did not cover your fatty, because your fatty looked awesome.

KnucklHed BBQ, That plate looks so good, I am not sure which one to eat. Think I will eat half and half then safe the rest for later.

Now that's a Sammy!!!

Here' my entry into the Sandwich Throwdown. I call it "DOH Fibrillator"
Smoked poilsh, bacon, burger, chedder and peeper jack cheese, on a buttah toasted bun with ketchup and Uncle Phil's Polish mustard. Some onion, pickles and hot sport peppers. Oh, is this good. :icon_smile_tongue: Some before and the last pic is my entry............

Back