IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "Legs!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Legs!"

As chosen by R2Egg2Q for his stellar win in the "A Pork Rib Off!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

R2Egg2Q said:
For the next TD, can we go with "Legs"? Looks like this hasn't been done since 2010.

Sounds like a winner to me! :thumb:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/20 through Sunday 9/29.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 9/30.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Click HERE to go to the off topic, often nonsensical, confusing, and downright bizarre discussion thread. :loco:

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
There's no restriction on the type of legs. Leg quarters, thighs, drums, leg of lamb, frog legs, turkey legs, etc ...

Basically if it is part of a leg or a whole leg of any kind you're good.

The whole cook is in this thread:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171611

I am entering this throwdown with some mesquite smoke-vide leg of lamb, and a smoked "pumpkin pie" with goat meat sausage & some of the lamb leg.

2013-09-22123831_zps30625930.png

2013-09-22123811_zps8289919e.png

2013-09-22124030_zps3675513f.png

2013-09-22124454_zpsfc43f5ee.png

I think I want to use this shot as my official entry photo:
2013-09-22124301_zpsaf32b5c6.png

This is my entry for the throwdown.

I had these on the smoker for the Bears game tonight when I saw this thread, so I ran out and snapped some pics.

Dusted yardbird quarters, cooked low and slow with a little hickory, finished with some home made bourbon bbq sauce.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 233
Sorry Ron, total throwdown noob. The last one I guess. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG2344.jpg
    IMAG2344.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG2347.jpg
    IMAG2347.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 544
  • IMAG2349.jpg
    IMAG2349.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 189
I wanted to do the "shell" TD, but didn't have the time. I bought my meat today for this TD, and plan to cook it tomorrow. That means someone will post the same entry tonight.

CD

I wanted to do the "shell" TD, but didn't have the time. I bought my meat today for this TD, and plan to cook it tomorrow. That means someone will post the same entry tonight.

CD

Now that's funny

Official Entry

I wonder if CD was planning on Bacon Legs

The Players

The Grill

Cook

Eat

I tried them with Ranch. I tried them with Buffalo sauce. I liked them best just as they were and they were stupid good. :grin:

Thanks for looking.

I think I like this picture best. Please use this one for the TD Entry Pic

^^^^^ I'm not making that. So, someone else will have to steal my thunder.

CD

Back