• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

smoked Anduille sausage

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I made up a 15 pound batch of Anduille sausage (cajun) and smoked it today. Ground, seasoned and stuffed yesterday then let it hang out on florida room overnight to cure/dry. Smoked it on electric smoker today in 2 batches. Started out first hour at 110 just to dry it further then bumped to 120 and added some wood chunks. kept it there and bumped temp up every hour or so in increments. Pulled it off at internal temp of 150 and smoker temp was around 170. Plunged into ice bath then let hang overnight tonight to further dry before freezing. Made a batch of red beans n rice to sample it. Just the right amount of heat for me. I throttled back on the cayenne by about a third. Can't wait to make up some gumbo!

Concoted loosely around this recipe- http://www.nolacuisine.com/2005/11/1...ausage-recipe/

Attachments

• smokedanduille120612B.jpg
    smokedanduille120612B.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 113
  • smokedanduille120612D.jpg
    smokedanduille120612D.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 113
  • smokedanduilleC.jpg
    smokedanduilleC.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 114
  • redbeansnrice120612B.jpg
    redbeansnrice120612B.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 113
Love that! Looks awesome. :clap:

I've only made andouille once before but that's something I have in mind to do over the holidays. I have a friend who makes great gumbo so I figure a trade with him is in order. :thumb:

THAT has been on my list for awhile. Looks fantastic!

Great lookin' Andouille there! Betcha can trade for a buncha gumbo with some of that.

You FARKER!!!!!!!!!! That is so good now I got to make it!! Thanks, just thanks for giving me more ideas..............:cool:

That looks great, I sure hope I get that meat grinder for Christmas or I'm gonna have to actually go buy one myself.

Looks great Mike!! Did you have a Shiner with that? :grin:

That looks great! I have a batch of creole hot and a batch of andouille set to go in the morning.

Back