• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Maverik ET732

Mine is 2 years old and no problems. Keep good batteries in it.

^ +1 Mine too is at least two years old and used at least twice a week, and in the summer many times more per week. I have never had a problem with the unit or the probes. Of course I do treat them like any of my other tools by handling them with care.

Yup Yup!!
Gonna do that. There sure is a lot of happy ET732 folks here. Just finished up my first Pork Butt & it would have been real nice to have had a probe in it after I foiled it. Pulled it after almost 9 hrs and it passed the bone test but I think I overshot as internal temp had risen to 207.

I'll be sure to be careful with the probes and the cables. I am guessing the ET732 is a thermistor unit and probably real sensitive to any minuscule leakage current across the probe conductors. So I will be careful with mops and such.

Think I might need a white unit down here on the Texas gulf coast. The sun is remarkably brutal to any materials that are black.

Thanks everybody for the fantastic response to my question!!

Yep get one. I left mine out all night awhile back and it stormed:evil:
It still works:mrgreen:

I love mine!! Have used it several times with no issues at all. It's a great tool to have.

I've had mine for over a year. The pit probe went bad after about 10 cooks and I had to buy a replacement probe. Otherwise it works well.

Last time the A/C repair guy was here, he forgot a roll of aluminum foil tape. I wrapped a thin piece around the probe right where the cable meets the probe. This seems to be the weak point of the probes.

Love mine. How else can you relax and watch bbq pitmasters on tv and bbq at the same time? :biggrin1:

Last time the A/C repair guy was here, he forgot a roll of aluminum foil tape. I wrapped a thin piece around the probe right where the cable meets the probe. This seems to be the weak point of the probes.
Great idea!!! but is it safe?

Nice tip, thanks!

I have used one for about two years, and would not hesitate to buy another when the time comes. Makes a big difference in the quality of the BBQ, when you can get it cooked to the correct temp and the pit is at the desired temp. Have not had issues with the connectivity either, can leave the cooker in the drive, and be working behind the house in the garden with the receiver in my pocket and get a reading on what is happening every time I look.

Back