Allen and Son's, Chapel Hill

chicagokp

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just back from a trip to NC. Went to Allen and Son for lunch last Saturday. The pork was delicious.

7D59E989-5435-462C-AC20-D301F0358CFF_zpsumaipfa3.jpg

IMG_7048_zps78e90e7a.jpg

BBQ Plate with Brunswick stew.

IMG_7049_zpsb5462386.jpg

My oldest got the ribs.

IMG_7050_zps5ca2755d.jpg

Hush puppies on the side.

IMG_7051_zpsaf0b91fd.jpg

IMG_7052_zps5c0acafe.jpg

IMG_7053_zps7a7901fc.jpg

IMG_7055_zps194a2af7.jpg

I asked to see the pit, they said to come back when Keith Allen was around during the week in the morning and he'd be happy to show me around. Unfortunately, our travel plans wouldn't allow for that.

It was very good and I would be back if in the area again.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed! This place is only about 2-miles from my house! Unfortunately, I don't get there very often, as they close whenever they sell out and that is usually before I get home from work (work in Raleigh).

Glad to hear that you enjoyed! This place is only about 2-miles from my house! Unfortunately, I don't get there very often, as they close whenever they sell out and that is usually before I get home from work (work in Raleigh).

We all thought it was very good. We got there around 1 PM for a later lunch. I figured we would come after the lunch crowd. It looked like they were doing a decent carry out business as well. I'm not surprised they regularly sell out.

i was born in chapel hill and lived there til i was about 10...still remem alan and son.

i had a business trip a few months ago and passed thru chapel hill on the way back. unfortunately i didn't know they were closed on sundays. was super bummed haha.

Back