• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Drug deals and fist fights. This comp BBQ stuff is dangerous!

We do have us some good hogs :becky:

I agree...you do have good hogs...but we have GREAT hogs! You got a problem wit dat? :boxing::boxing::boxing:...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I agree...you do have good hogs...but we have GREAT hogs! You got a problem wit dat? :boxing::boxing::boxing:...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If by "hogs" you mean "salmon" - I agree! But if it has a snoot, best to stick with Iowa!:cool:

I see Food Network jumping on this and creating some sort of Iron Chef meets MMA hybrid.:idea:

Wouldn't mind seeing Ina Garten drop Tyler Florence like a sack of hammers with a spinning back-fist.

I worked with my father raising hogs for 15 years while living on the family farm in SW MN. I have yet to find hogs anywhere else that taste as good as those freshly-butchered hog roasts we used to have. North Carolina has some good hogs, but I'll still take my good ol' IA or MN hog that's been raised in a non-confinement setting...and roast it whole if I'm trying to impress someone. :thumb:

My brother-in-law is the #2 guy at the local Swift Plant near my hometown in SW MN. Our pork here at Costco comes from that plant as well as the Marshalltown, IA plant. Not always cut right :-D, but always tastes great!

We always bring pepper spray to our contests...it's the secret ingrediant in Wes's chili. (Voted "Most Likely to Make a Strong Man Cry" at LI's 81 Thunder Run and Chili Contest.)

If you try an Indiana hog you will throw rocks at all the others. We have green astro turf in our hog houses. :laugh:

Back