Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Cattlemen's Ozark BBQ Challenge ~ Springfield, MO ~ August 13-14

S

Sertoma Jim

30 days out and we need to hear from ya ASAP if you want in.

KCBS Team Fees ~ $300 - 20' X 40', $220 - 20' X 20'

$6K total up for grabs. 4th year event, 2nd year KCBS sanctioned State Championship. 33 Teams last year. Shooting for 40 this year. Whole Hog option. Backyard Division. Hot & Cold water sanitation station. Power and water access.

Ramada Oasis Convention Center offers hotel rooms, outdoor and indoor pools, 13,000 sq ft convention center, kickball field, sand volleyball, and basketball court. Special room rates in the $70-$75 range including hot breakfast buffet.

This will be a fun filled summer weekend of BBQ history…

Proceeds benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield, MO

Contact
Jim at SummerSizzle dot net

Check us out online...
SummerSizzle dot net

Hey Sertoma Jim,

You know I'd be there if I wasn't in the desert! That will be a fun contest moving it to the Oasis! I'll be there in 2011 though -- let's knock one back when I get home.

Clark

Clark Kent Super Smokers

Sertoma Summer Sizzle

Wish you could be here Clark. THANK YOU for your service!

I have not heard back from James. I think he is still doing it, but we have not talked. If you talk to him... tell him to let me know.

Hoping some of the brethren can make this event. The venue should be awsome this year. Air conditioned convention center for the bands, swimming pools, level sites...it's all good. Oh, the competition will be strong as well. Make it happen if you can.

Sertoma Jim,

I haven't heard from James either, but know that the wife forwarded him your reminder. It's a daunting task to compete when the bus driver is gone. Good luck with the event tell J.D. I said hello.

Meatburner,

How the heck are you? We need to meet up with the 417 fella's at wholehog cafe in January when I get back.

Later

Clark

Sertoma Jim,

I haven't heard from James either, but know that the wife forwarded him your reminder. It's a daunting task to compete when the bus driver is gone. Good luck with the event tell J.D. I said hello.

Meatburner,

How the heck are you? We need to meet up with the 417 fella's at wholehog cafe in January when I get back.

Later

Clark

Hey brother! Thanks for your service my friend!!! Just get ahold of me when you are home and we will slam a few. Take care of yourself.

Some of the competition coming...

LOCKED & LOADED TEAMS:
Little Pig Town
Pittsman's BBQ
Whole Hog Café
R&B BBQ
Dead Pigs Tell No Tales
St. Louis Black Iron BBQ
Meat Burners BBQ
Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
Bear Creek BBQ
LQ BBQ
Park Avenue Pork
Butcher BBQ

VERBAL YES or PROBABLY:
My 3 Sons BBQ - MO
Caveman Cuisine
Team Overserved
Dew The Q
Sertoma Team from Texas
Clark Kent Supersmokers
Major Woody's BBQ
Meat Mafia
St Georges
Drunk Grillin
Fire & Ice
Smoke Me Tender BBQ
DeLong Plumbing / Catering Creations
B & R Smokin Pit Crew
GL Moore Tire

and several more... probably some that you would know too :becky:

Boys (and girls) & their Pigs...

:arrow: PIG COOKOFF:

65 pound, head on, scalded ... delivered to your booth. $125 entry

$500 First
$200 Second

Rules online

Only a couple of weeks out. Hope to see some more brethren join the event. It should prove to be a great location with lots of comfort for the teams. Hope you make it.

Last edited:
I'll have to ask around and see if anyone from the mid-Missouri area would be interested in making the trip down...those Springfield judges sure liked the Belly Brothers BBQ back in April. If I can't get my brothers to comes, maybe I can talk Jay Spicewine into pulling the new Spicewine battle wagon down. We've talked about cooking a competition together this year. Of course, he'd have to charge admission for the tour, it is one sweet set up!

Susie and I reserved our hotel room yesterday. This was a great event to attend last year and we are looking forward to judging this year. keith

I'll have to ask around and see if anyone from the mid-Missouri area would be interested in making the trip down...those Springfield judges sure liked the Belly Brothers BBQ back in April. If I can't get my brothers to comes, maybe I can talk Jay Spicewine into pulling the new Spicewine battle wagon down. We've talked about cooking a competition together this year. Of course, he'd have to charge admission for the tour, it is one sweet set up!

We would love to have Belly Brothers and Spicewine too!! I will PM you my cell... call me.

this one was on my list but the family vacation is going on that week try 2011 plan on beam boys being there

thanks
york:clap2:

Sertoma Jim...

I've got a UDS in my garage...you want it? LOL

My Drum!

Sertoma Jim...

I've got a UDS in my garage...you want it? LOL

BBCubed aka Cheffro aka Chairman of Sertoma Summer Sizzle aka BrandyuDude,

I knew I was light on tools.

Maybe after Sizzle, I can find time to use it more.

Get back to work... we have an event in 3 weeks!

Shizzle

‎2010 TOY Ranked KCBS Teams competing at Cattlemen's Ozark BBQ Challenge...
#6,#7, #12 Overall, #1 in Pork, and #1 in Brisket (current rankings). Also, the Grand Champion and the Reserve Grand Champion from the 2009 American Royal Invitational.

This is gonna be good!! :thumb:

Jim - owe you a return call but haven't gotten around to it, we're not going to be able to make it this year as I'm out of town on business this year.

We aren't going to make it this year...Pacific Mo is 2 hours closer, IF I can talk the wife into cooking it!
Good luck with your contest!

First Timers to Top Ranked Teams. Good Luck to all!!

2010 Cattlemen's Ozark BBQ Challenge KCBS State Championship Team Roster:

Little Pig Town
Pittman's BBQ
Whole Hog Café
R&B BBQ
Dead Pigs Tell No Tales
St Louis Black Iron BBQ
Meat Burners
Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
Bear Creek BBQ
LQ BBQ
Park Avenue Pork