Spicy hot bacon?

plowin-fire

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Been making bacon with great success. But I can't get a spicy bacon to turn out spicy after the cure and smoking. Think of trying the habanero death dust to bring the heat up. Or is there other ways to create the hot flavor?

Been making bacon with great success. But I can't get a spicy bacon to turn out spicy after the cure and smoking. Think of trying the habanero death dust to bring the heat up. Or is there other ways to create the hot flavor?

Try putting your pepper on before you cook the bacon in the pan, or as you remove it from the pan.

I tried adding 3 tbls to the cure. was a 10lbs belly. Still wasnt very hot. I have some friends that like the hot bacon and dont want them to add anything to it before cooking to get the flavor.

Maybe add a hot arse pepper oil to the brine. Never tried it tho, just a guessing over here.

Was thinking about a mop of sriacha sauce right before it goes on the egg. Ordered some oakridge habanero death dust today. Wll try a batch with a good helping of that in the cure. I have seen some people slice up jalapeños and lay on the top during the cure proccess. you guys get the heat your looking for our of that?

How about adding a few Trinidad Maruga Scorpion peppers in with the cure? Or add some pepper spray.

I'd actually try a good hot sauce in with the mix, I've been using Mongoose hot sauce these days, it's an extremely hot sauce, but it actually tastes like very hot peppers, not like the chemical burning of most of the hot for the sake of hot that's out there.

Back